Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Italian coach and staff……mates with Pep. I can’t wait for us to start diving, time wasting, feigning injury, niggly fouls and general twatishness. I can’t wait.

Careful, certain people will get upset with that generalization of our Italian friends. :whistle:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Italian coach and staff……mates with Pep. I can’t wait for us to start diving, time wasting, feigning injury, niggly fouls and general twatishness. I can’t wait.

:lol:

And then I saw your Profile name. :lolol: :rotlf:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Get him in, new manager bounce.
Boing, said De Zerbi.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

He doesn’t come across as a typical Italian coach. Rather than a coach focusing on defence he plays a possession based, higher risk game looking to beat the press with passing. He’s been criticised in Italy for taking too many risks.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
He doesn’t come across as a typical Italian coach. Rather than a coach focusing on defence he plays a possession based, higher risk game looking to beat the press with passing. He’s been criticised in Italy for taking too many risks.

Pray for Sanchez

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Interesting, but my main conclusion from that is the writer fancies himself as far more of a literary talent than he actually is.

I ended up skipping a load of his literary triple. 8 pages in before he even mentioned RDZ. Even then he was trying to turn the football descriptions into a literary work of Shakespeare.

Came across more like a Disney script writer.

Still, I get that he plays nice possession based football.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Interesting, but my main conclusion from that is the writer fancies himself as far more of a literary talent than he actually is.

Absolutely. The pride of authorship has got the better of him.

He was mostly writing about himself anyway. It was quite a way in before I found anything about De Zerbi.

The article would benefit by being reduced by a good 90%. Less is more.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Lol. Yes - a bit of a self-indulgent 'long read'. Bascically you don't need to start reading it until half way through the article!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here