[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Brighton-De Zerbi, meeting scheduled for the beginning of the week. Optimism on the negotiation. The coach also likes the team for their attitude and mentality. Fundamental qualities for De Zerbi's game. After Conte, possible new Made in Italy in Premier [emoji634] #sportitalia [MENTION=12280]tvd[/MENTION]ellosport
I posted this a couple of hours ago .

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
:shrug:

I think there's like three people who can properly use the wonky search function and I am one of them...

Always easier to search with Google.

eg. Type into Google:

site:northstandchat.com de zerbi and MattBackHome

First 2 hits are posts this week and the 3rd is the 2019 suggestion.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Foggia stuff!

No my family in my mothers side are from Foggia, RDZ was not only a good player for them but akso a good manager too. My uncle still follows them in the equivalent of the Italian 3rd division. Most of the fans from around thar area would normally follow Napoli and then Foggia as there 2nd team.
Foggia have only a few years ago celebrated their centenary, and have been bankrupt more x then they have been in the top league in Italy

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No my family in my mothers side are from Foggia, RDZ was not only a good player for them but akso a good manager too. My uncle still follows them in the equivalent of the Italian 3rd division. Most of the fans from around thar area would normally follow Napoli and then Foggia as there 2nd team.
Foggia have only a few years ago celebrated their centenary, and have been bankrupt more x then they have been in the top league in Italy

Yup.. hence the mention of Zeman who got them promoted from Serie C to Serie A and then had a couple of top half-finishes in Serie A. In their first Serie A season with Zeman they outscored every team except the title winners. True legend that man. Proper crazy as well.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
This from Calciomercato reported on 10th Sep

https://www-calciomercato-com.translate.goog/news/bivio-de-zerbi-accontentarsi-di-una-piccola-o-aspettare-una-big--23201?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Who knew De Zerbi is best friends with Guardiola? Interesting also that Aleksander Kolarov has just retired from the game and no doubt looking for a job reported as possible assistant to De Zerbi.

"Pep Guardiola, Daniele De Rossi with Aleksander Kolarov , who could be his deputy in his future career as a coach, and other lesser-known protagonists of our football such as Antonio Gagliardi , tactician of Mancini 's national team and of Pirlo 's Juve .

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

https://www-calciomercato-com.translate.goog/news/bivio-de-zerbi-accontentarsi-di-una-piccola-o-aspettare-una-big--23201?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Who knew De Zerbi is best friends with Guardiola? Interesting also that Aleksander Kolarov has just retired from the game and no doubt looking for a job reported as possible assistant to De Zerbi.

"Pep Guardiola, Daniele De Rossi with Aleksander Kolarov , who could be his deputy in his future career as a coach, and other lesser-known protagonists of our football such as Antonio Gagliardi , tactician of Mancini 's national team and of Pirlo 's Juve .
This has been stated numerous times on numerous threads over last few days !!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Well if RDZ asked Pep what he thinks about the PL and Brighton, I'm sure we will get a very favourable nod. Yes it's Potter's style that caught the eye, but it's also that we have a ready made team for him to play this way.

Team RDZ here!

Come on Uncle Tone and Aunty Barbs, you know you want to. :thumbsup:

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Brighton-De Zerbi, meeting scheduled for the beginning of the week. Optimism on the negotiation. The coach also likes the team for their attitude and mentality. Fundamental qualities for De Zerbi's game. After Conte, possible new Made in Italy in Premier [emoji634] #sportitalia [MENTION=12280]tvd[/MENTION]ellosport

Apparently he’s been watching all our games. Sounds interested .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports