Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez has been a right 🔔 end. Good riddance to him. See how long it takes him to get pissed off being on Chelsea’s bench.
He will get game time before then end of sep . That’s enough time for kepa to make a few howlers

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm pretty sure most managers just send players out to run around and do what they see fit at the time.
Then at half time they tell a few jokes, have a natter about what happened on corrie the night before, and pass around some gala pie.
Really laid back and chilled out lads, those football managers.
If we lose RDZ, calling Mike Bassett!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
He has the potential to become Chelsea’s number 1 GK . Personally I hope not because he’s only got that opportunity by behaving like a spoilt brat .

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
There's been a lot of pulling out of hair on this thread implying that our season would have imploded if McGill had had to replace Steele, with Sanchez taking the blame. This is doing McGill a disservice as he is a perfectly competent keeper, and no doubt would have acquitted himself well if called upon. (Has been in England age squads in past, so obviously has some talent).

Jul 7, 2003
There's been a lot of pulling out of hair on this thread implying that our season would have imploded if McGill had had to replace Steele, with Sanchez taking the blame. This is doing McGill a disservice as he is a perfectly competent keeper, and no doubt would have acquitted himself well if called upon. (Has been in England age squads in past, so obviously has some talent).
I think you’re getting your young keepers confused as McGill is a Canadian international

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
I think you’re getting your young keepers confused as McGill is a Canadian international
6 caps for England U17's and in U19 squad in 2019. Although born in Canada, came to England when he was 4. Has Canadian and English parents. Didn't opt to play for Canada until this year.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
6 caps for England U17's and in U19 squad in 2019. Although born in Canada, came to England when he was 4. Has Canadian and English parents. Didn't opt to play for Canada until this year.
Youth football is irrelevant. Ryan Giggs played for England schoolboys, Rice played for Ireland etc etc. Fact is he's a Canadian goalkeeper.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s not really 3rd choice is he ?
He was only recently demoted to 2nd choice and then fell out with the coach becoming no choice I guess. . Not unusual for a keeper - as it’s almost impossible to win your place back.
Then we signed Bart so technically he is… But get your point (wouldn’t have signed Bart if Sanchez hadn’t thrown his toys everywhere).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
IMG_20230808_105121.jpg

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Youth football is irrelevant. Ryan Giggs played for England schoolboys, Rice played for Ireland etc etc. Fact is he's a Canadian goalkeeper.
The Giggs example really IS irrelevant. He played for England Schools, which is quite different. You don't have to be English to go to an English school.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here