[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wouldn't know, I watch footballers play football, I don't follow them on social media, give a shit where they get a hair cut, eat their lunch or anything else they do when not playing football.
Well, you weren't watching him in the squad at the Amex when he decided to bin off his team mates were you.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I am saying that asking to not be in the squad if he wasn't going to be playing, was unlikely to be a problem, was not immediately dropping us in the shit, and if his head wasn't right, might well have been better to have McGill anyway.
Caicedo was out of order with begging to be sold to Arsenal, missed games because of it and screwed a few extra quid out of the club, could have cost us Europe, but he is staying, for now, and we need him, so we forget about it. Dunk refused to play a few years back when Fulham were after him, but all is forgiven.
Sanchez wasn't refusing to play, he was asking not to have to sit on the bench if he was not wanted to play, and he is an unforgiveable ****?
Maybe I need to see his instagram snaps from a barber shop to get wound up about him?
Dunk never refused to play when Fulham were after him, he was dropped to the bench. He was still available to play had Chris Hughton wanted him to, and came on at half time in one of those games he was sub for.

Caicedo missed the Liverpool FA Cup game. A game he could have easily been rested for anyway, he was then on then a sub against Bournemouth and played over half an hour. He was then back in the starting XI

Both decisions made by the manager for the good of the team as far as the manager was concerned because they felt the players heads might not be right to start games. Zero evidence that the player asked to be left out and a totally different situation to a player requesting not to be picked as they’ve got the arse they are no longer first choice.

Last edited:

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Dunk never refused to play when Fulham were after him, he was dropped to the bench. He was still available to play had Chris Hughton wanted him to, and came on at half time in one of those games he was sub for.

Caicedo missed the Liverpool FA Cup game. A game he could have easily been rested for anyway, he was then on then a sub against Bournemouth and played over half an hour. He was then back in the starting XI

Both decisions made by the manager for the good of the team as far as the manager was concerned because they felt the players heads might not be right to start games. Zero evidence that the player asked to be left out and a totally different situation to a player requesting not to be picked as they’ve got the arse they are no longer first choice.
Dunk refused to play at Southend when Fulham were after him and was fined 2 weeks wages as a result.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I am saying that asking to not be in the squad if he wasn't going to be playing, was unlikely to be a problem, was not immediately dropping us in the shit, and if his head wasn't right, might well have been better to have McGill anyway.
Caicedo was out of order with begging to be sold to Arsenal, missed games because of it and screwed a few extra quid out of the club, could have cost us Europe, but he is staying, for now, and we need him, so we forget about it. Dunk refused to play a few years back when Fulham were after him, but all is forgiven.
Sanchez wasn't refusing to play, he was asking not to have to sit on the bench if he was not wanted to play, and he is an unforgiveable ****?
Maybe I need to see his instagram snaps from a barber shop to get wound up about him?
The Caicedo and Dunk examples illustrate the hypocrisy of fans over these issues. Perspective is set entirely because of the outcome rather than the behaviour. If Caicedo stays all will be forgiven and forgotten (just like with Dunk). If he leaves he will be despised for the statement he put out in January. We’ve already seen it on the Caicedo thread at the times when it has looked like the deal is close. Sanchez has gone so it’s open season to put the boot in.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Caicedo and Dunk examples illustrate the hypocrisy of fans over these issues. Perspective is set entirely because of the outcome rather than the behaviour. If Caicedo stays all will be forgiven and forgotten (just like with Dunk). If he leaves he will be despised for the statement he put out in January. We’ve already seen it on the Caicedo thread at the times when it has looked like the deal is close. Sanchez has gone so it’s open season to put the boot in.
I understand your point, but with Caicedo, even if he leaves the way he knuckled down after Arsenal’s approach, I would hope most supporters hold him in good regard.

He will be one of the best players we’ll ever see, and in the same way we rave about Lawrenson, I feel certain that todays younger supporters will feel the same about Caicedo in 30-40 years.

Sanchez is completely different for me and effectively let everyone down with his poor approach.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You seem to be saying "what's the worst that could happen...?".

Often when people think that, the worst does happen, sometimes with interest.

We were lucky that we didn't need to look beyond Steele whilst Sanchez was lobbing cuddly toys from his pram, but if the worst did happen, then we might not be looking forward to a European Tour right now.
What’s the worst that can happen?
Losing your keeper to an injury when all three subs were used. Dunk went in goal.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I understand your point, but with Caicedo, even if he leaves the way he knuckled down after Arsenal’s approach, I would hope most supporters hold him in good regard.

He will be one of the best players we’ll ever see, and in the same way we rave about Lawrenson, I feel certain that todays younger supporters will feel the same about Caicedo in 30-40 years.

Sanchez is completely different for me and effectively let everyone down with his poor approach.
Inclined to agree with this. Also, hate to say it but my opinion of Sanchez is tarnished by his uberclanger against them. What can I say? I’m a deeply shallow individual.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Dunk was fined 2 weeks wages for refusing to play, when Fulham were after him.

Edit: I see another poster has already stated this.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I have to agree with this.

Caicedo has always been ultra professional on the pitch and generally world class. He seems to be very popular with his team mates and I think Bloom absolutely loves him.

I made a mistake appointing some very, very poor agents from Spain with seemingly little experience of high profile players and transfers. This error led to others (him agreeing that the agents could post on his insta) etc. Most of the fan hate has been directed at his agents and rightly so.

I’ll always hold Moises in high regard for coming here (Manure was knocking too) and giving us everything. It’s tough to hear, but the relationship with our club and world class players will probably always have to remain fleeting.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I have to agree with this.

Caicedo has always been ultra professional on the pitch and generally world class. He seems to be very popular with his team mates and I think Bloom absolutely loves him.

I made a mistake appointing some very, very poor agents from Spain with seemingly little experience of high profile players and transfers. This error led to others (him agreeing that the agents could post on his insta) etc. Most of the fan hate has been directed at his agents and rightly so.

I’ll always hold Moises in high regard for coming here (Manure was knocking too) and giving us everything. It’s tough to hear, but the relationship with our club and world class players will probably always have to remain fleeting.
There’s no actual evidence that it’s his agents driving this though and that’s kind of my point. Fans are inclined to and want to believe such a narrative when it’s about one of their heroes.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thanks and adios Big Bob, decent deal for us in the end when I was starting to think we'd have to let him go for free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports