[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trying to remind people of the difference between asking to be left out and refusing to be involved.
I imagine there are situations that even a hard taskmaster like yourself would find it acceptable to ask to not be involved, might you consider it reasonable if he was just so gutted at realising his time was probably over at a club he had been at for 10 years, since he was 15 that he just couldn't be any use as a back up? I just don't get the vitriol for someone being pissed off at being asked not to play for Brighton, any of us would be gutted about that wouldn't we?
Yes, Steele has been fantastic whilst being the back up, but he is more mature, had his dark days in the past where he considered quitting the game altogether, and has the mental tools to get past his disappointments now. Mental state is important for all of us to be able to do our jobs, more so for elite sportsmen, and if he wasn't in the right state of mind to jump off the bench and perform if Steele had got sent off or injured, he was not letting anyone down by letting them know that.
I just cannot relate to anything you are saying over this, its frankly bizarre. You are advocating a player being dropped from the team having the right to withdraw his labour and go on strike.

I think we're done here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jesus there is some utter garbage being spouted...
You probably should have stopped there.....
.....by the Robert 'can do no wrong' Sanchez supporters club.
There isn't one.
First trying to deny he didn't want to be on the bench.
Nobody did. You'll never win an argument by making things up you know (unless maybe you're Donald Trump!)

The rest of the rant? TLDR. :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Whatever you do Robert don't make a mistake when you get a game or those entitled Chelsea fans will make your life a misery like they have poor old Cucurella. You could see how the confidence drained out of him in his first few games as Stamford Bridge.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Whatever you do Robert don't make a mistake when you get a game or those entitled Chelsea fans will make your life a misery like they have poor old Cucurella. You could see how the confidence drained out of him in his first few games as Stamford Bridge.
Very much this! Drop a couple of Palace like clangers that lead to goals and he'll be hung out to dry. That normal calm demeanor might crack and we'll all be able to laugh at all the Chelsea fans declaring once again that evil Brighton have tucked them up again. Please God let it happen!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You probably should have stopped there.....

There isn't one.

Nobody did. You'll never win an argument by making things up you know (unless maybe you're Donald Trump!)

The rest of the rant? TLDR. :shrug:
When people come out with 'we don't know what was said' when it's been documented it is clear what they are implying. But like I said, you carry on.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
When people come out with 'we don't know what was said' when it's been documented it is clear what they are implying. But like I said, you carry on.
That’s ridiculous. The meetings between Sanchez and RDZ weren’t minuted and haven’t even been explained in detail. They don’t need to be because it’s the manager’s job to deal with it and not really any of our business. To wish Sanchez well is not any sort of attack on RDZ or the club. There was one anti manager fishing post earlier in the thread which you seem to have fallen for. The rest seems to be arguments about semantics. This kind of stuff will have just one outcome and that will be RDZ being less open with the fans as he won’t want this type of over interpretation. It’s a shame really. Sanchez is now a Chelsea player. Steele is the better keeper so we’ve done very well out of it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fact is Sanchez made all of us as fans nervous when selected. Good luck to the lad now he’s gone. And I’m no longer nervous. Win Win.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And Undav.
Presuming that “and Undav” is indicating someone else has been unhappy, RDZ has already said he regrets Undav’s departure, which is presumably because he wants more game time and sees his opportunities here diminishing. If that is the case, you can’t blame him and I’m sorry to see him go, but you can hardly expect RDZ to promise him the moon if he slips down the pecking order.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Presuming that “and Undav” is indicating someone else has been unhappy, RDZ has already said he regrets Undav’s departure, which is presumably because he wants more game time and sees his opportunities here diminishing. If that is the case, you can’t blame him and I’m sorry to see him go, but you can hardly expect RDZ to promise him the moon if he slips down the pecking order.
I can completely get what you are saying, but currently Undav is on an upward curve if you take his form from end of last season, he should be first name on sheet (for up top) and given first chance. In my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fact is Sanchez made all of us as fans nervous when selected. Good luck to the lad now he’s gone. And I’m no longer nervous. Win Win.
Wouldn't "me" have worked better in that sentence instead of "all of us"?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It’s difficult to share that kind of strong opinion when none of us know anything about the conversations being had. I would just rather not make such a damning judgement of a player basis what I read on social media.
How about what you read the media? Andy Naylor reporting that Sanchez asked to be left out of the squad and RdZ saying in an interview that it was Sanchez’s choice not to be in the match squad?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How about what you read the media? Andy Naylor reporting that Sanchez asked to be left out of the squad and RdZ saying in an interview that it was Sanchez’s choice not to be in the match squad?
Yes, and how about you get a dictionary and look up the difference betwen 'asked' and 'refused'. Everybody is in full agreement that he 'asked' - and obviously de Zerbi agreed to hs request, because he didn't name him on the squad. Fact.
The 'refusal', along with the vitriol, is clearly in some people's heads. All in all, a sad end to Sanchez' time at Brighton, whchever 'side' you're on* - the only good thing is a decent fee.

* There are not actually two 'sides' here - just some people who think that the spite, vitriol and rhetoric from some on this thread is OTT. Worthy of Chelsea, really. I prefer Brighton to be less entitled.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I can completely get what you are saying, but currently Undav is on an upward curve if you take his form from end of last season, he should be first name on sheet (for up top) and given first chance. In my opinion.
His nice little cameo at the end of the season was great. However, it needed a lot more than that to have him starting. And critically it seems that it's the player who wanted the move as wanted more guaranteed game time. That fact shows his good attitude and it looked like his teammates and fans alike liked his personality. Who knows if sets the German league alike and Pedro fails to fire maybe he could return :)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes, and how about you get a dictionary and look up the difference betwen 'asked' and 'refused'. Everybody is in full agreement that he 'asked' - and obviously de Zerbi agreed to hs request, because he didn't name him on the squad. Fact.
The 'refusal', along with the vitriol, is clearly in some people's heads. All in all, a sad end to Sanchez' time at Brighton, whchevef 'side' you're on* - the only good thing is a decent fee.

* There are not actually two 'sides' here - just some people who think that the spite, vitriol and rhetoric from some on this thread is OTT. Worthy of Chelsea, really. I prefer Brighton to be less entitled.
Bloody hell what did I do to rattle your cage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports