Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
I think “getting rid of all our best players” is a bit silly.
Sanchez has just been silly and I think we’ve done well if he goes for £25m
MacAllister has gone with our blessing when the time was right.
Connolly has gone somewhere that he probably fits in better - and he started being silly under Potter, not RDZ.
Everyone else seems fairly - if not very - happy.
Colwill wrote a heartfelt letter thanking the club for his time with us.
where’s the problem?
And Undav.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He’ll be Chelsea’s no.1 and then Spain’s No.1. That’ll finally give the KingsRoadRaiders some bragging rights over #teamslikebrighton and history will be rewritten again (by some) in these and (all) in their pages.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
“ The best keeper we ever had”
I have to disagree... admittedly he was good at reflex saves but when he had time to think , he seemed to freeze. Are we forgetting his howlers last season that led to his losing his place? Couple that with a big time attitude that refused to sit on the bench. At this time he is worthless to us .
Yet, we have got 25mill ! I say that is a great piece of business. It means that his replacement is paid for, and Chelsea of all people have got a dodgy keeper... Excellent.....:D:D

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Gutted if this is true, we only lose out of this. The best keeper we have ever had, a pittance of a fee. Left with an aging Steele and an unproven Bart. RDZ getting rid of all our best players. I’m starting to think the problem lies with our angry Italian, seems he’s falling out with and getting shot of all our best players. Once he has gone I fear we will look on it with regret.
So this is absolute nonsense. Sanchez didn’t live up to at least two of De Zerbi’s golden standards and then downed tools when tackled on it.

Steele has been excellent. A lot of savvy people have him in FPL teams because he gets assists as well as clean sheets, and we’ve bought an exciting young keeper to challenge him if form drops. In any case both will get starts with our schedule, both have excellent distribution and, I imagine, turn up for training (on time).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don’t understand the hate for him, live and let live I say.

I won’t be booing him.
I won't be booing because he'll be on the bench when Chelsea come calling. And no one will know which boo is for who when those scumbags roll in to town anyway.

But I know why people will. He downed tools at a time when it squad was wafer thin and pushing for our best finish ever. That was a huge f*** you to every Albion fan and his employers.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
£25m is not a pittance and getting rid of our best players really? So what is the manager supposed to do when Trossard throws a tantrum to force his way out or one of his players downs tools as he does not like it that another member of the squad gets a start on merit?

Can’t keep high standards and togetherness in a squad with that behaviour
Sanchez
“ The best keeper we ever had”
I have to disagree... admittedly he was good at reflex saves but when he had time to think , he seemed to freeze. Are we forgetting his howlers last season that led to his losing his place? Couple that with a big time attitude that refused to sit on the bench. At this time he is worthless to us .
Yet, we have got 25mill ! I say that is a great piece of business. It means that his replacement is paid for, and Chelsea of all people have got a dodgy keeper... Excellent.....:D:D
all keepers will have ‘howlers’ at some point. Sanchez should never have been dropped. It wasnt the howlers that cost him his play it was his inability to adapt to RDZ kamikaze style of play. Once he is eventually sacked or leaves and a new manager comes in we will go back to a much more normal way of playing but be poorer because we then won’t have Sanchez between the sticks. If Bart flops then we are going to be up shit creek as Steele isn’t getting any younger.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sanchez

all keepers will have ‘howlers’ at some point. Sanchez should never have been dropped. It wasnt the howlers that cost him his play it was his inability to adapt to RDZ kamikaze style of play. Once he is eventually sacked or leaves and a new manager comes in we will go back to a much more normal way of playing but be poorer because we then won’t Sanchez between the sticks. If Bart flops then we are going to be up shit creek as Steele isn’t getting any younger.
But you need to back your manager. There’s no point keeping hold of an unhappy player earning a wedge of money and sulking around training with the kids. Wages better invested elsewhere

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sanchez

all keepers will have ‘howlers’ at some point. Sanchez should never have been dropped. It wasnt the howlers that cost him his play it was his inability to adapt to RDZ kamikaze style of play. Once he is eventually sacked or leaves and a new manager comes in we will go back to a much more normal way of playing but be poorer because we then won’t have Sanchez between the sticks. If Bart flops then we are going to be up shit creek as Steele isn’t getting any younger.
:facepalm:

“JUST GET RID OF IT”

:lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whats batshit, mate, is trying to justify a professional, highly paid footballer downing tools because he's been dropped. I couldn't give a flying f*ck at a rolling donut if he felt his skills "weren't being valued" by the new manager. Get on board, work on it, improve, or piss off. Thats what you are PAID to do.

He chose the latter - DURING THE RUN-IN when we were running on fumes. He may well have been needed off the bench in any one of those games, but while his team mates were busting their arses to secure Europe, he was getting haircuts and poncing around taking selfies in restaurants in the Lanes - literally - whilst the team was playing.

He's a prick, mate. I'm amazed anyone could think otherwise.
You say he downed tools, I don't know it was quite like that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gutted if this is true, we only lose out of this. The best keeper we have ever had, a pittance of a fee. Left with an aging Steele and an unproven Bart. RDZ getting rid of all our best players. I’m starting to think the problem lies with our angry Italian, seems he’s falling out with and getting shot of all our best players. Once he has gone I fear we will look on it with regret.

Grummitt and Steele are superior.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Andy Naylor wrote an article saying Sanchez had asked to be left out of the squad for the Newcastle game. This is after RDZ said “Robert wanted it this way, it was his choice, not mine or the clubs” when Sanchez missed the Arsenal game.
And "asked not to be included" has become refused to sit on the bench, downed tools, etc. I think many are judging him harshly without enough real information to form such a strong opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And "asked not to be included" has become refused to sit on the bench, downed tools, etc. I think many are judging him harshly without enough real information to form such a strong opinion.
You are splitting hairs. When I was working, the boss would allocate the tasks for the day, so if I’d said, don’t include me today, what do you think my boss would’ve said?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
25 million is a great deal. He has that calamity streak and that doesn’t go away.

He’s not our best goalie ever as someone said. He not in top 3 for me.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I won't be booing because he'll be on the bench when Chelsea come calling. And no one will know which boo is for who when those scumbags roll in to town anyway.

But I know why people will. He downed tools at a time when it squad was wafer thin and pushing for our best finish ever. That was a huge f*** you to every Albion fan and his employers.
He is a goalkeeper, injuries in midfield and defence are not helped by his inclusion on the bench, moral is not improved by him moping about the dressing room either.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But we do have an idea on what has been said.

This direct quote from the below article, De Zerbi said: “At this moment, he (Steele) is closer to my idea, my style. Robert is improving, but Jason deserves to play. When I speak of my style, I’m speaking about the foot.”

Sanchez should have knuckled down and waited till the close season. He was on the bench until 6 games from the end so not long to wait. He chose (or was advised) to refuse to sit on the bench. Not only that, it seems from comments from others that rather than support his team mates he went out in Brighton and I'm guessing that is evidenced by social media posts.

So that seems to refute your assertion that none of us know anything.

If I was one of his team mates I would very disappointed.

All of that is valid and if it is the whole story then I’m sure his teammates are disappointed. I’m just saying that it may be selective and it certainly doesn’t include the player’s thoughts. I read an interview with Aaron Ramsdale yesterday where he was talking about his wife miscarrying three days before their Spurs game where he wound up their fans. It just reminded me that footballers are people as well and not to rush to judgement on the internet when I don’t even know the bloke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here