Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
The more I think about this the more it feels like a way for Chelsea to give us £100m for Caceido without having to admit they’ve given us £100m for Caceido. I hope I’m wrong but Sanchez was really worth almost nothing in his current situation. We couldn’t keep him because of his attitude, so were in no position to really negotiate any big fee.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
£30m? Where did you get that from? Just now it was £20mill + £5mill add-ons and suddenly now it’s £30mill???
It’s £20m plus £5m in add ons plus a sell on of his next sale. Just stating if we get near £30m with all that then we’ve done alright

el punal

Good riddance to the ****. Cannot wait to BBBOOO him! Hate players who disrespect us, it’s PERSONAL! Seriously though, pleased the prick has gone. Awful attitude. Blokes a wanker.
I bet you didn’t think that when he decided to singlehandedly take on the whole of Holmesdale Massive two seasons ago?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The more I think about this the more it feels like a way for Chelsea to give us £100m for Caceido without having to admit they’ve given us £100m for Caceido. I hope I’m wrong but Sanchez was really worth almost nothing in his current situation. We couldn’t keep him because of his attitude, so were in no position to really negotiate any big fee.
Starting to feer you may be right.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Mod edit: thread title was 'Robert Sanchez reported to have been at Stamford Bridge last night'

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Brighton goalkeeper Robert Sanchez for £25m plus add-ons.

The Blues have been looking to add a goalkeeper to their squad following the sale of Edouard Mendy to Al-Ahli in Saudi Arabia.
Sanchez, 25, will challenge Kepa Arrizabalaga for the number one spot.

The Spaniard will be familiar to the coaching staff at Chelsea as goalkeeping coach Ben Roberts worked with him while at Brighton.

Sanchez has been with the Seagulls since the age of 15, having joined their academy from Levante in 2013.

After loan spells with Forest Green and Rochdale, he made his Brighton debut in November 2020 and became the Seagulls' first-choice stopper for the best part of two years.

He was also called up by Spain in 2021 and was part of their squad at both the delayed Euro 2020 tournament and the 2022 World Cup, although his only two caps have both come in friendlies.

Sanchez lost his place to Jason Steele in the second half of Brighton's 2022-23 Premier League season, although he did play in the FA Cup semi-final defeat on penalties by Manchester United at Wembley.

His contract at Brighton, where Sanchez has made 90 appearances in total, was set to run until June 2025.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Only 10m less than world cup winner McAllister. Great potential, but that fumble against Palace when not even challenged makes me think the occasional lapse maybe there throughout his career. First views of the new keeper have been very encouraging.
Pretty much like every other goalkeeper in the world then. De Gea, Allison, Edison, they've all at some point made mistakes.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Football is crazy or is it just Chelsea Good for Brighton but how on earth do they consider our 3rd choice is worth that. Within a few days we would have been very keen to get of payroll. Can only think there was other interest

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We’re well rid. You don’t down tools just for losing your place in the team. Unforgivable. Good riddance.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I’m a little bit sad. I live in the Valencia region and was always quite proud that we had nurtured him from a young age to actually make it to the Premier League and into the Spain squad. Oh well, it’s down to him at the end of the day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Football is crazy or is it just Chelsea Good for Brighton but how on earth do they consider our 3rd choice is worth that. Within a few days we would have been very keen to get of payroll. Can only think there was other interest
He never was our third choice - 1st, choice, demoted to 2nd. choice, then out of the squad altogether. Trying to 'off' him as third choice? - just meh........

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NSC makes my head hurt on fees - everyone seems to quote different. Ali Mac is almost nailed on to hit the add ons from my understanding so is £55m likely but don’t know for sure. Sanchez is clearly reported as £25m + add ons yet a few posters have said they read it as £20m + add ons…!

Either way, it seems a very good fee given his status and sulking and losing Spain spot etc. Roberts and Winstanley can still f*** right off though 🙌

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's all very well to nit-pick to suit your own opinion - so I'm going to, too.

He very rarely showed any emotion. There was always something about that that never made me feel completely happy with him. Everything contained within that icy exterior, and when it showed itself, it was in a massive strop. Same with Trossard. I hope Adringa proves my cod-psychology theory wrong.
Palace away ? The Maupay game. As he left the pitch he was pretty emotional towards the Holmesdale.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He never was our third choice - 1st, choice, demoted to 2nd. choice, then out of the squad altogether. Trying to 'off' him as third choice? - just meh........
He became our 3rd choice the moment we bought another keeper. Had some great games and right or wrong I was nervous watching every game thinking he always had a big error in him. Something I dont have with Steele

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I can’t agree with that. He was our first choice keeper a short while ago and in the Spain squad. He is still the same keeper, just doesn’t fit RDZ’s system. The price reflects his value to Chelsea, not his value to us. You don’t discard assets for nothing. We didn’t with Trossard when he downed tools.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here