Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I for one hope we are withholding his pay if he's not making himself available. If I didn't fancy going to my work for a month or two I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be paid, or I'd be fired.
If we didn't pay him he would have grounds to tear up his contract. It's all too messy, we need to find a club to offload him to. I think it will be a last day transfer window loan. Then hopefully he does well and we can sell at a tidy profit.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
If we didn't pay him he would have grounds to tear up his contract. It's all too messy, we need to find a club to offload him to. I think it will be a last day transfer window loan. Then hopefully he does well and we can sell at a tidy profit.
Not sure I agree. If he is not turning up for work he is liable to be fined no? Either way it can't go on.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Breaking news: Bob has made himself unavailable for lunch.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
...and sue the club for the balance of the guaranteed income within it (subject to mitigation).
But surely this also works in reverse, if he refuses to play/work we can then tear up the contract? He gets a free transfer, we save his wages and then sue for however long the situation has been thus?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If he’s getting fined in accordance with his contract he won’t have grounds.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
But surely this also works in reverse, if he refuses to play/work we can then tear up the contract? He gets a free transfer, we save his wages and then sue for however long the situation has been thus?
Yes, but it's not quite that simple. Despite the **footballer** razzmatazz, he's still just an employee (with >24 months continuous service) so there is a process to follow to avoid an Employment Tribunal claim.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If he refuses to play, refuses to abide by the companies policies and rules etc then he wouldn't be in a position to tear up his contract. Who knows what conditions are in each players contract but if players could just refuse to play and still get paid then forcing a departure would be far more frequent, especially in the summer. Caceido would be on that right now without any doubt

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This came from a Rochdale sauce

Trains when he wants
Sits on the bench when he wants
Flys when he wants

IMG_8729.jpeg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Gone very quiet. He’s clearly going, surprised nothing firm yet. I predict a loan with option to buy, probably to Spain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here