[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sanchez had the face on from the first game he was dropped sadly … moped about while on the bench, not joining in with players warm up at half time and generally looking aggrieved.
Perhaps because he was aggrieved?
Has he left the building yet?
Not yet, AFAIK, but sadly he is likely to do so soon. Probably not a fan of vitriol on a fans' internet site...............

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Perhaps because he was aggrieved?

Not yet, AFAIK, but sadly he is likely to do so soon. Probably not a fan of vitriol on a fans' internet site...............
He was a good player for us for a while, but he’s getting paid to be a professional footballer.

The club didn’t stop paying him, he decided he wasn’t willing to help the team if he wasn’t reinstated as first choice.

As far as I’m concerned he can save the pouting for any future modelling career.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I think this will end up being a loan to the highest ‘ranked’ possible European team to hopefully re-enhance his value before selling in Jan or next summer

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think this will end up being a loan to the highest ‘ranked’ possible European team to hopefully re-enhance his value before selling in Jan or next summer
I'm not sure there's even the possibility of that. There's very few clubs that need a GK at the kind of level he's ego would satisfy. Just don't see where he's going unless he is happy to sit on the bench. When you think Bournemouth had two GKs last season that would be competing for a first team spot here it makes it pretty clear how difficult it is in that position. Sadly for both club and player his tantrum has f***ed it.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, just like Maty Ryan a good keeper lost the ability to consistently make saves. He got recalled when Jason Steele was injured against Chelsea and let in a pathetic goal- there was no way back after

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But it went in slow mo. Top keepers react. He didn't and imho that's why a good cup performance wasn't enough to get him his place back
You think a there's no way back for a young keeper because of one deflected goal - despite later playing really well? That makes no sense.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
RDZ has been consistent that it’s up to Sanchez, the door is not completely shut. Our hierarchy won’t let a player leave for less than market value because they have a hissy fit.
The problem is a player’s market value will fall drastically if he’s not playing for his club.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
But it went in slow mo. Top keepers react. He didn't and imho that's why a good cup performance wasn't enough to get him his place back

I just think if we want to paint him as a terrible keeper maybe that fluff at Palace is a better option?

He is a great goal keeper, it just turned out that Stainless is a better sweeper keeper. The sulking is odd but then goalkeepers are an odd bunch anyway, so who knows what is going on with him?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I just think if we want to paint him as a terrible keeper maybe that fluff at Palace is a better option?

He is a great goal keeper, it just turned out that Stainless is a better sweeper keeper. The sulking is odd but then goalkeepers are an odd bunch anyway, so who knows what is going on with him?
Unless my memory fails me, he has in the past let in MORE Than 1ne goal within a SINGLE GAME!
He's CLeARLY a L1ABILITY and is well below even decent CHAMPIONSJIP level.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Everyone knows he was dropped after the Palace debacle, but forget he had another chance in the league and fluffed it. Just reminding people of that.

A lot of people seem to think he's the same keeper he was under Graham Potter/Ben Roberts which has plainly not been the case since they left. He's not been up to scratch, which is a shame as under those 2 he looked destined for a massive club
Now he looks like he'll be lucky to get a move to Everton if Pickford goes

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He was a good player for us for a while, but he’s getting paid to be a professional footballer.

The club didn’t stop paying him, he decided he wasn’t willing to help the team if he wasn’t reinstated as first choice.

As far as I’m concerned he can save the pouting for any future modelling career.
Fine. If that's the way you see it. :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

This. The revisionism on here is staggering at times!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everyone knows he was dropped after the Palace debacle, but forget he had another chance in the league and fluffed it. Just reminding people of that.

Firstly, I think you're wrong about him fluffing it. It took a wicked deflection and I think most keepers fail to save it. Secondly, we won the game anyway.

A lot of people seem to think he's the same keeper he was under Graham Potter/Ben Roberts which has plainly not been the case since they left. He's not been up to scratch, which is a shame as under those 2 he looked destined for a massive club

He wasn't 'not up to scratch', he just doesn't play out from the back as well as Steele, and that was a big deal to De Zerbi.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Firstly, I think you're wrong about him fluffing it. It took a wicked deflection and I think most keepers fail to save it. Secondly, we won the game anyway.

He wasn't 'not up to scratch', he just doesn't play out from the back as well as Steele, and that was a big deal to De Zerbi.
It was, and still is to De Zerbi, one gets the feeling that he isn't a man to be messed with, almost as soon as Trossard started playing the big l am and thinking he was bigger than the club, De Zerbi wanted him gone.

To a large extent with RDZ, it's either his way, or the high way.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
It was, and still is to De Zerbi, one gets the feeling that he isn't a man to be messed with, almost as soon as Trossard started playing the big l am and thinking he was bigger than the club, De Zerbi wanted him gone.

To a large extent with RDZ, it's either his way, or the high way.
I think so, too as it is/was with Guardiola and Sir Alex. That'll do me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports