Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
At the moment he has sulked his way out of the Spain squad. He is young and needs some sensible advice from family, friends and agent. He might decide he was wrong and stick around to sort himself out.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
At the moment he has sulked his way out of the Spain squad. He is young and needs some sensible advice from family, friends and agent. He might decide he was wrong and stick around to sort himself out.
I really hope he does this as I think he IS a good keeper. Let's forget the Palace spillikins for now, after all, all players (not just keepers) make mistakes. Good though his end of season was, Steele wasn't error free.

If he puts his nose to the grindstone he either gets back in the team at some point or he puts himself in the shop window with a better back story than "touchy, sulky, bolshy so-and-so".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like he’s with Welbeck & Oxlaide-Chamberlain in Portugal doing a ‘pre-pre season’

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d be worried that he may disrupt the wider team ethos if he didn’t get his own way, and the fact he apparently doesn’t like sitting on the bench, would be a concern. Perception is everything, and I kind of don’t agree about the attitude being ‘flipped’, because from the outside once it’s exposed, it’s ‘out there’, and he has it in his make-up.
So what if it has? Players with questionable attitudes have gone for good money in the past and will so again.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So what if it has? Players with questionable attitudes have gone for good money in the past and will so again.
Good, maybe, but less than if they were more of a ‘team player’.
Still I disagree with you on most things it seems, so I guess we’ll differ on this as well. 😃👍

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good, maybe, but less than if they were more of a ‘team player’.
Still I disagree with you on most things it seems, so I guess we’ll differ on this as well. 😃👍
We will never know but football does seem to have a blind eye when it comes to most misdemeanors.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We will never know but football does seem to have a blind eye when it comes to most misdemeanors.
If you were a top team and had the option of most keepers in the world who are at a similar age and level to Sanchez, at this moment I wouldn’t go for Sanchez, because of the reasons mentioned.

It doesn’t make him suddenly poor, but more of a potentially disruptive influence, so why bother?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Verbruggen reportedly a done deal now. Be a surprise if Sánchez sticks around?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you were a top team and had the option of most keepers in the world who are at a similar age and level to Sanchez, at this moment I wouldn’t go for Sanchez, because of the reasons mentioned.

It doesn’t make him suddenly poor, but more of a potentially disruptive influence, so why bother?
Same could be levelled at Trossard? He lost all interest after the WC, argued with team mates, fell out with RDZ and then stropped off to Belgium. All very disruptive. Why did Arsenal bother?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Same could be levelled at Trossard? He lost all interest after the WC, argued with team mates, fell out with RDZ and then stropped off to Belgium. All very disruptive. Why did Arsenal bother?
Fair point. Greater need in terms of Arsenal? Agent driven?

Clubs don’t appear to be queuing up for Sanchez.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite and with the ‘attitude’ that makes him less desirable IMO.

West Ham?

He’s totally changed as a character.

There’s stuff online two or three years ago where he’s a humble Spanish ‘kid’ so grateful to get to get the opportunity, feet on the ground.

Now his ego is off the charts. It’s more than confidence, he’s become a sulky tart.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Twom years left on his contract? Season long loan at a good level then - preferably mid/lower PL. Stellar season, contract extension and a cracking sale price.
Bloody good GK for any side that isn't obsessed with having a sweeper keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here