[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And you're probably right, but innocent until proven guilty and all that (except in the court of public opinion :))
The same applies to RDZ but that hasn’t stopped people blaming him. He’s even said, My door is open.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tottenham have told David Raya they could walk away from negotiations with Brentford due to their £40m asking price. They are considering other targets such as Giorgi Mamardashvili and Robert Sanchez.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Is anyone actually interested in Sanchez?

Chelsea's number one target seems to be Onana. Will he have to settle for signing somewhere as a back up/cup keeper?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be quite honest, any player who downs tools and refuses to sit on the bench is tantamount to being a loose cannon in my opinion and detrimental to team togetherness and morale.

He can go if a suitable bid comes in.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Is anyone actually interested in Sanchez?

Chelsea's number one target seems to be Onana. Will he have to settle for signing somewhere as a back up/cup keeper?
Hes going to be one that gets sold late on. He's clearly going to be backup at a bigger club and is moving for the money but that isn't any clubs priority right now. I expect Chelsea have to get rid of one of their existing no hopers first and will hope to run the clock down in a game of brinkmanship in order to try and force a cheaper price.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hes going to be one that gets sold late on. He's clearly going to be backup at a bigger club and is moving for the money but that isn't any clubs priority right now. I expect Chelsea have to get rid of one of their existing no hopers first and will hope to run the clock down in a game of brinkmanship in order to try and force a cheaper price.
It's a weird one in as much as, if/when Verbruggen comes in, he'll be 3rd choice at Brighton after being 1st choice only 6 months ago. Maybe going off to be a number two becomes more appealing?

That said, I actually think that's he's still very much good enough to command a no. 1 spot in a Premier League side, just one that plays a different way to us.

He'd be no. 1 at Spurs, and maybe Villa if Martinez isn't fancied by Emery (which has long been rumoured). He could follow Maupay to Everton if Pickford went to United or he could go to United as he's better with his feet than De Gea, and would be a good signing for Wolves or West Ham.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If nobody comes in and pay the asking price then we should absolutely be prepared to have him rotting in the under 23’s next season. The £25 million or so is worth the statement it makes to other players coming in- if you throw a strop it won’t work out for you. Do your time properly and we’ll help you get that big move.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If nobody comes in and pay the asking price then we should absolutely be prepared to have him rotting in the under 23’s next season. The £25 million or so is worth the statement it makes to other players coming in- if you throw a strop it won’t work out for you. Do your time properly and we’ll help you get that big move.
What under 23s?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports