[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
You need an urgent trip to Specsavers :shrug:

This is a fat bloated SUV, car of choice for so many elite footballers, that Lambo is stylish if somewhat look at me, but how many PL footballers drive a normal car?

And why would you? I know I wouldn’t but then I love cars :smile:

On yer bike Schmunk :lolol:

View attachment 162203
That Lambo isn't a Lambo. It's disgusting as most SUVs are.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Sky Sports saying Poch is happy with Kepa as his number 1, and now not going for Sanchez or Onana which had been rumoured.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sanchez is at best 4th choice for Spain now.

And if Chelsea don't want him and Spurs are in for Raya, his "big club" ambitions are looking on the ropes. Who else are after a keeper? At a push Man U?

I actually think the most likely possibility is that he stays, there's a public reconciliation with lots of club videos of him laughing in training and hugging team mates and he plays in cups and in Europe

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Brentford or Villa on the cheap for 1/4 what they sell their starter for (along with a decent 25% chunk of profit made on a future sale).

Decent top league safe but non-Euro football Spanish side for even less than that? Unlikely to pay enough wages though to tempt him so reckon ego might keep him here rotting rather than take a step back to progress forward again.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Sanchez is at best 4th choice for Spain now.

And if Chelsea don't want him and Spurs are in for Raya, his "big club" ambitions are looking on the ropes. Who else are after a keeper? At a push Man U?

I actually think the most likely possibility is that he stays, there's a public reconciliation with lots of club videos of him laughing in training and hugging team mates and he plays in cups and in Europe
and if he works on stuff RDZ advises...he could return to the first team. It's not impossible and is up to him.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thing is there seems to be a few players behaving like pricks, I wonder if the common denominator is RDZ. Don't get me wrong the guy appears to be brilliant, but he is clearly a perfectionist and one who has his way and that is it (which again is fine). Much like his football his personality comes with great reward and some risk.
Perhaps Potter put up with pricks? Doesn't help if it's not addressed

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Roberts still there - looks like he's the one pushing for Sanchez

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230614-100218~2.png
    Screenshot_20230614-100218~2.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 108

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wonder whether Rob’s attitude, even before being dropped, came from his knowledge that Chelsea were keen for him only for their interest to wane with Poch taking over.
Would be a big blow for him if they didn’t pursue their interest.
I think he’d be a great understudy to De Gea as I think he’d get game time at OT.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I wonder whether Rob’s attitude, even before being dropped, came from his knowledge that Chelsea were keen for him only for their interest to wane with Poch taking over.
Would be a big blow for him if they didn’t pursue their interest.
I think he’d be a great understudy to De Gea as I think he’d get game time at OT.
I thought the point was he doesn't want to be a understudy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Roberts still there - looks like he's the one pushing for Sanchez
So Roberts isn’t content with his higher paid job, he’s continuing to unsettle our keeper. To think I admired him, not just as our keeper, especially at the Play Off Final, but as a coach as well.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Perhaps Potter put up with pricks? Doesn't help if it's not addressed
I don't think there was ever any indication of that while Potter was here.
Probably just as simple as different personalities not gelling and/or different approaches to football.
There are some lovely, excellent people I've known who I've never got on with and could quite happily never meet again.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Whichever way you spin it, Big Bob has behaved like a spoilt brat when dropped. He could learn a lot from Jason’s attitude.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So Roberts isn’t content with his higher paid job, he’s continuing to unsettle our keeper. To think I admired him, not just as our keeper, especially at the Play Off Final, but as a coach as well.
It seems very possible that Roberts is involved, but then again we don't know for absolute sure about that and to what extent.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It seems very possible that Roberts is involved, but then again we don't know for absolute sure about that and to what extent.
Indeed.
It's a bit of a leap from "Ben Roberts rates Sanchez from their time working together" (which is pretty obvious), to "continuing to unsettle our keeper" to such an extent that you lose the admiration you had for him.

If our recruitment team asks RdZ whether he rates Shakhtar's keeper and he says "Yes, he's great, we should try and buy him" it doesn't mean he's 'unsettling' him.

(it's perfectly possible that Roberts is unsettling him, but there's nothing in the public domain to suggest he is)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed.
It's a bit of a leap from "Ben Roberts rates Sanchez from their time working together" (which is pretty obvious), to "continuing to unsettle our keeper" to such an extent that you lose the admiration you had for him.

If our recruitment team asks RdZ whether he rates Shakhtar's keeper and he says "Yes, he's great, we should try and buy him" it doesn't mean he's 'unsettling' him.

(it's perfectly possible that Roberts is unsettling him, but there's nothing in the public domain to suggest he is)
Leap lept. He soon jumped ship with Potter. Just my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports