[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on then, what Kerrrraazzy!!! motor do you drive, to be so bold...?
No fecking way am I telling you :lolol:

It’s not an SUV (have had one) or a Lambo

Most would suggest it wasn’t “sensible” though :smile:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
No fecking way am I telling you :lolol:

It’s not an SUV (have had one) or a Lambo

Most would suggest it wasn’t “sensible” though :smile:
HTB1dU5TMxTpK1RjSZFMq6zG_VXaC.jpeg

Completely impractical. Love it.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Where would he go? We probably want at least £20 million for him. Have no idea where he'll end up.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
My partner’s son’s mate (I know,I know!) cleans/valets a lot of the players cars including big Bob’s monstrosity. Bob told him he is indeed going to Chelsea.
Make of that what you will.

Jimmy Grimble

I’d be amazed if he goes to any ‘big 6’ team as their #1. There are a lot of very good keepers out there at the moment who could easily be lured by Premier League money. I don’t think Sanchez will be first choice in any of their lists.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tom Finneys first car was a Ford Zephyr which would have cost about 600 sovs…. Tom was on 20 quid a week.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Baffled by comments on this thread that De Zerbi needs to grow up.

What exactly is he expected to do here, drop his goalkeeper and never comment on him again?
It’s just Sanchez fan boys that can’t square off that Bob isn’t quite as good as they thought, has behaved terribly, and that he’s rightly not going to play for us again. RDz has never said anything bad about Bob, just that he wasn’t doing the things he needed as well as Steele. I think the reality is seeing Steele ping 60 yard passes and find needles in haystacks of busy midfields he’s realised the truth and flounced. It is what it is as Graham would say.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not the first time this has happened, didn’t Ryan go all sulky and want out when Sanchez replaced him?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not the first time this has happened, didn’t Ryan go all sulky and want out when Sanchez replaced him?

Bobby boy has a very short memory as that is how he got his break to be a regular starter. What goes around comes around and all that.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I'm pretty gutted how it seems to be ending for our Bob. I'm firmly in the camp of believe he's a very good goalkeeper but behaving like that the first time you get dropped is not on and I feel he'll regret it in the near future. It's not like he exploded on the scene at a very young age like a Donnarumma, so the road he took to being our number one should've grounded him a bit for bumps in the road.

Who knows, maybe he was angry that he felt he'd not done much wrong, was on the cusp of become Spain's No.1 and RDZ was wrecking that for him so he has to force a move. Shame it ends this way though. Also, he's very handsome.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
was on the cusp of become Spain's No.1 and RDZ was wrecking that for him so he has to force a move. Shame it ends this way though. Also, he's very handsome.
Definitely wasn’t, was he ? Simon seemed preferred to him as number 2

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Who knows, maybe he was angry that he felt he'd not done much wrong, was on the cusp of become Spain's No.1 and RDZ was wrecking that for him so he has to force a move. Shame it ends this way though. Also, he's very handsome.
Nowhere near becoming Spanish no 1. Simon is first choice and seemingly has the place tied down now. When he was injured earlier in the season Kepa (who missed out on the World Cup squad) came into the squad and played in both the Euro 24 qualifiers in March. Sanchez was left on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports