Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Struggling to think of anything he did wrong yesterday but if Chelsea fans want to destroy him, oh well, not our problem.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Shame Chelsea have an easy fixture next

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Chelsea fans are hilarious.

The only goal out of the 4 he’s conceded that I would say he could have done better with was the Liverpool one, he was slightly flat footed there, people saying he should have saved that Antonio shot are delusional.

So easy to blame a goalkeeper, how about the defence allowing a free header from a corner, 2 of your defenders being physically dominated by Antonio and your 115m signing hacking a player down in the box.

Unfrotaunteky these players joining Chelsea are now finding out what a truly toxic fan base is like, Caicedo hasn’t played in two months and their fans are already considering he could be a ‘waste of money’ :facepalm:
I'm not piling on, nor defending. But I've always been concerned about RS command of the area from set pieces and Chelsea conceding from corners is exactly what I expect to see. It doesn't mean he won't learn but it was a big flaw IMO when with us.

I also feel he should have done better with Antonio's goal. But also IDC.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm not piling on, nor defending. But I've always been concerned about RS command of the area from set pieces and Chelsea conceding from corners is exactly what I expect to see. It doesn't mean he won't learn but it was a big flaw IMO when with us.

I also feel he should have done better with Antonio's goal. But also IDC.
Wasn’t Big Rob top 4 of the aerial claims chart for a long time whilst he was first choice?

For me that was his biggest strength but obviously as he tried to claim the ball a lot he did sometimes drop the ball or flap and that is inevitably punished, Steele doesn’t come for as many but he still flaps sometimes.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Jimmy Grimble

Wasn’t Big Rob top 4 of the aerial claims chart for a long time whilst he was first choice?

For me that was his biggest strength but obviously as he tried to claim the ball a lot he did sometimes drop the ball or flap and that is inevitably punished, Steele doesn’t come for as many but he still flaps sometimes.
I’d say Steele’s biggest weakness is corners whipped towards his near post.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Three players Chelsea should sign to REPLACE Sanchez as number one​

Sanchez, 24, was demoted to third-choice at Brighton this summer after Roberto De Zerbi dropped the Spaniard in favour of Jason Steele last season, before the Seagulls added Bart Verbruggen from Anderlecht in July.

However, Sanchez was signed as a back-up to Kepa, not to be Chelsea’s first-choice starting goalkeeper. Thanks to Kepa’s departure, the former Brighton man has been in between the sticks for the Blues’ opening two fixtures of the Premier League season.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...-should-sign-to-replace-sanchez-as-number-one

Ouch ! But Ben said ................... :facepalm:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Bound to be exploited next week. I'd hoped that Southampton's relegation would mean the back of Ward-Prowse, but I know I'll be a nervous wreck every time WHU get a corner next Sat.
Agree with this. West Ham were a threat at set plays before they signed JPW. I don't think we're the greatest side at defending them either.

Soucek to score any time might be the insurance bet to look out for.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Chelsea are already finding fault.....

That's not a Chelsea fan, just some berk who seems to get off on making compilation videos of other players' mistakes. Totally normal behaviour...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
That's not a Chelsea fan, just some berk who seems to get off on making compilation videos of other players' mistakes. Totally normal behaviour...
Thanks! Corrected for me! Damning compilation but over time I think the best keepers would have similar....

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's literally one of his strong points.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thanks! Corrected for me! Damning compilation but over time I think the best keepers would have similar....
Yep. The same goes for every player – there's one on that guys page about Caicedo's shots on goal (not many goals), one about Anthony, another about VVD, etc, etc. Clearly cherry-picking to make a, slightly strange, point.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

He was number one in the EPL for crosses claimed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here