Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I see the general assumption is that his presence there last night was somehow linked to Chelsea.

No one prepared to entertain the thought that it might be Madrid after him?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I see the general assumption is that his presence there last night was somehow linked to Chelsea.

No one prepared to entertain the thought that it might be Madrid after him?
My thinking too, he fits their bill perfectly

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Firstly, not many players go and watch matches at a club they want to join. Far more likely just catch up with Ben and maybe Marc

Also, they don't have a manager, they don't have any idea what style they will be playing next season. Spending big would be a stupid idea, (though i'm not putting it past them)

But if he is going there ..... Is he going there to displace Kepa? More likely he would be swapping one bench for a much better paid other bench.
Lots of things Chelsea do seem pretty stupid these days. And one thing they are excellent at is spending big. I would not discount the transfer for this reason I have highlighted.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m a little surprised at the lack of rumours about Robert being on his way.

This situation is tricky for us. Pre-meltdown, you could argue that he had a value of £40m+ (the Brentford asking price for Raya) but with him laid sulking in an empty pram having emptied it of all his toys, we’re going to have to lower the asking price considerably.

So where to go for Sanchez? Maybe abroad? Chelsea (to reunite with Roberts), Man Utd or Tottenham would seem obvious destinations, I just hope we can get this rotten apple out the squad before he infects anyone else with his negativity. Ideally, we’ll pull in some serious dosh as he is a top 10 EPL keeper in my opinion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

This situation is tricky for us. Pre-meltdown, you could argue that he had a value of £40m+ (the Brentford asking price for Raya) but with him laid sulking in an empty pram having emptied it of all his toys, we’re going to have to lower the asking price considerably.

So where to go for Sanchez? Maybe abroad? Chelsea (to reunite with Roberts), Man Utd or Tottenham would seem obvious destinations, I just hope we can get this rotten apple out the squad before he infects anyone else with his negativity. Ideally, we’ll pull in some serious dosh as he is a top 10 EPL keeper in my opinion.
He was very much part of the team before he was surprisingly dropped. Certainly he didn't take being dropped well, and appears to still be pretty upset about it, but to call him a rotten apple is taking it a bit far.
I think we have to sell him now, which is a shame.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was very much part of the team before he was surprisingly dropped. Certainly he didn't take being dropped well, and appears to still be pretty upset about it, but to call him a rotten apple is taking it a bit far.
I think we have to sell him now, which is a shame.
Eating in a Brighton restaurant while his team mates took on Citeh?

Not my idea of a crisp granny smith.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Don’t agree with the rotten apple part, he still seems quite popular with the squad.
Is Roberts still at Chelsea or will Poch be bringing in his own back room team?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Chelsea apparently very close to signing Onana as their new number 1, so doubt they’ll be after Sanchez as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here