Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Robbie Savage hehe useless buffoon. Is that the best he could come up with?
I'd say our only weak spot last night was Chicksen and I was hoping he'd be taken off for Bruno (switching with Caldy). Unfortunately once the ref decided he'd stop giving us free kicks, Chicksen became more and more isolated as Kaz was left on his arse upfield. The rest were fine. Easy, this punditry lark.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How dare he have an opinion.

Personally I don't have an opinion on anything, never have done, never will do & everyone that does have an opinion is wrong.
I certainly won't be spouting my opinion on a public social forum. I can't imagine anyone would, would they ??

That's just my opinion on it all though.

Ha ha. He's a pundit so is bound to have a slightly controversial opinion or else people will complain that he's boring.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
You don't change 7 players, 7!!!

Won't go to another cup game with Oscar in charge, if I wanted to watch the reserves/unfit players i'd go to Lancing.

gutted

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
How many times has he seen us play? How does he know how our fringe players played tonight vs. the average performance of our regular players? He's jumping on the bandwagon, trying to make it look like he has good footballing knowledge when in reality he probably doesn't. Anything outside the Premier League is invisible for 99% of pundits.

Yeah spot on. Although the only change that pissed me off, and often does is when he drops Kuszczak, thats the one change I dont get.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Robbie Savage is seeing a late equaliser (and hopefully our performance) and deciding on that.

I thought we were pretty decent. I assume his foresight and knowledge will stand him in good stead to get in to management.

Out of interest, I wonder what his criticisms of the actual performance were and what he would have done to change it - other than "play a full strength team".

Indeed. He made this point about Sunderland's "weakened lineup" on Saturday before their game at Southampton; Sunderland win and Gus is a man-management genius, keeping the whole squad on their toes and involved. It might have been the same last night. Ifs and buts.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Imagine the uproar if we had won last night and then thrown away 3 points on Saturday plus Wigan leap frog us in the table because key players weren't available.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You don't change 7 players, 7!!!

Won't go to another cup game with Oscar in charge, if I wanted to watch the reserves/unfit players i'd go to Lancing.

gutted

If this were to be posted on the thread you started so that everyone calling you a buffoon could keep their responses in one place it would be much tidier. :thumbsup:

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Totally disagree with savage, wasn't really a weakened team it was a different team! and the boys played well!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Savage really is one of football opinion's most absurd dunces. I could never get enraged by his undeveloped blather, but it's good for Oscar to almost take something personally and want to respond with the slightest distemper in his voice. He'll learn as he goes as to whom it's worth getting all Spanish on.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Imagine the uproar if we had won last night and then thrown away 3 points on Saturday plus Wigan leap frog us in the table because key players weren't available.

Imagine the uproar if anyone get's injured in the replay

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I think it depends on what you think is important. An outside shout at a play off with 16 games to get to that or a great chance to progress to the semi final at Wembley in the " greatest cup competition in the World ". I come from an age where the whole World stopped for cup final day and was there in 1983 and I can assure you Melia nor any other manager would have fielded anything other than our strongest possible team in the past so I sympathise with the OP and think the abuse and piss taking is more a sign of the times than any outrageous comment he has made. The fact is NO ONE gives a toss about the FA Cup anymore and for me that is very sad.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
be interesting to see the comments about next mondays team...i cant imagine it will be any 'stronger' in fact possibly 'weaker' ....i await the next lot of tweets

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I think it depends on what you think is important. An outside shout at a play off with 16 games to get to that or a great chance to progress to the semi final at Wembley in the " greatest cup competition in the World ". I come from an age where the whole World stopped for cup final day and was there in 1983 and I can assure you Melia nor any other manager would have fielded anything other than our strongest possible team in the past so I sympathise with the OP and think the abuse and piss taking is more a sign of the times than any outrageous comment he has made. The fact is NO ONE gives a toss about the FA Cup anymore and for me that is very sad.

This - I too am from the generation where the FA Cup was THE competition and the only game that was shown live on TV.

To suggest that 3 points in the Championship is more important than a fifth round cup win shows how the FA Cup has been devalued.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
It wasn't the team selection that cost us. More to do with trying to sit back on a 1-0 lead for most of the 2nd half.
Oscar showed his obsession with attacking football then didn't he?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Robbie Savage is a cock. I really do not give a toss what he thinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here