Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Roald Dahl being updated for modern times

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Compromise all round - now worried parents can read/buy the sanitised modern versions and historians can relax in the knowledge the originals are also re-released as classic editions

phew 😅

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope the unedited versions have a high markup. Call it a stupidity tax for falling for this culture war shite.

Reactions: SAC

SAC

May 21, 2014
Compromise all round - now worried parents can read/buy the sanitised modern versions and historians can relax in the knowledge the originals are also re-released as classic editions

phew 😅
A cynic may wonder if this was always their intention.

Good one 'em, a nice bit of free publicity.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A cynic may wonder if this was always their intention.

Good one 'em, a nice bit of free publicity.

Exactly what I thought. Certain sections of society will fall for it hook, line and sinker. Smart move.

Not at all.

Try - “publisher’s marketing campaign prevails.”

As well as “Express & Daily Mail’s attempt to gaslight a load of gammon prevails” of course.

Am I allowed to use the word ‘gammon’, hope nobody is offended?
If someone is absolutely determined to be conned despite all evidence to the contrary, guess what happens :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If someone is absolutely determined to be conned despite all evidence to the contrary, guess what happens :lolol:
People are endlessly and infinitely triggered by culture wars nonsense. Someone posted an old Yorkie add (it's not for girls) on Facebook the other day . There were hundreds of replies about how offended people were going to be by its posting (no-one was). And my favourites were the posts lamenting the long ago times when 'we were allowed to laugh' like so many people haven't laughed since the late 90's.

My favourite comment though, with such a lack of self awareness was 'imagine being so woke that you are triggered by a Yorkie ad'.

Rinse and repeat.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Yes no Bond girls in swimming outfits no doubt replaced by transgenders or binary’s ! You have to laugh , the Bond girls no longer with us would be turning in their graves .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just so we can keep all the culture war outrage in one thread, Dilbert’s been cancelled. It turns out Scott Adams is a massive racist. Feel free to add below your outrage that gentle office humour that only 10% of the world understands is no longer going to be in the Washington Post.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just so we can keep all the culture war outrage in one thread, Dilbert’s been cancelled. It turns out Scott Adams is a massive racist. Feel free to add below your outrage that gentle office humour that only 10% of the world understands is no longer going to be in the Washington Post.
I read about this and didn't really understand it. My vague understanding is a survey of some sort was taken and some black people said they agree with the statement;

"It's not okay to be white"

He said those that agreed with that statement "are a hate group" and he wouldn't "go anywhere near them".

I'm not sure what the second part of that is all about but, and I'm sure I'm missing something (am I?), is he not correct? The statement itself and agreeing with the statement "It's not okay to be white" is racist is it not?

Or as I say, am I missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here