Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Warren Mitchell

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Embarrased to say????

TDUDP was created to assist in and most certainly helped in the breaking down racial stereotypes and barriers as Warren Mitchel fully understood and was supportive of. It's language now may seem racist but it was done in part to take the p!ss of and show how stupid bigoted racist ideas are. To do this and make a very funny programme was extra special.
I loved it and still do.

So celebrate and don't denigrate.

Wesht Am!

Scarse Geet!

TNBA

TTF

Shut up, you silly moo, I'm trying to learn you something....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's the people who have NO idea about political correctness who wouldn't allow it now. TDUDP is one of the most genuinely politically correct programmes ever.

Is the correct answer.
We seem to have bred a generation of people who spend their whole lives seeking out different agendas. Unable to grasp the balance required for multi-culturalism to work and devoid of any appreciation of the importance of competition in life, they have infiltrated the minds of the immature and naïve and managed to change the attitudes of whole swathes of society. They are people who are happy to carve out a life, driving the demand for commissions and setting up groups, right left and centre, to represent their self-perceived interest of minorities. They continue to create work and income for themselves by jumping on any issue that can be dragged into the public domain and publicised through the media.
They have inadvertently helped to create a society that now walks and talks in fear of offence. That, instead of striding confidently forward, now spends most of its life looking nervously over its shoulder in case a misplaced word is pounced on and the individual involved is accused of being Neanderthal.
They have successfully stripped out the cultural heritage that past generations grew up on. They have made commonplace words, no-go areas. They have persuaded others that there shouldn't be competition in schools, when the whole of life is competitive. They have persuaded the younger generations that those who went before knew no better and their way is the right way. That immigrants were used and abused and that homosexuals and lesbians were ostracised and treated like pariahs.
I grew up with TDUDP. I saw my parents laughing with it and at it. Most of the country watched it. It was amusing and well acted. Black people weren't offended by it. Scousers weren't offended by it. Sadly, all too many will throw their hands up in horror now, if it reappeared on our screens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here