Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Rob Titchener

Oh well spotted!!! ....I see Robert also listed...recovered already and charming the nurses
So who plays Henry? I expect it's just one of the actors putting on a child's voice (badly). In fact it's so bad, I expect the actor was advised/insisted that s/he not be credited :)

Archers quiz trivia. Which character's actor lives in Lewes?
That's quite a commute to Brum.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Scriptwriters bottled it, I suspect under instructions from the sinister BBC apparatchiks. This was the programme's most compelling storyline in years (possibly ever) and about time they had a properly dysfunctional family set up, they could have run it subtly for years, smouldering away.

They cashed in the chips of this story way too early.

I'm old enough to remember when the BBC televised "The Fosyte Saga" (stupidly done on the cheap in black and white) in the 1960's, the whole country was divided into "Soames versus Irene" when Soames )played by Eric Porter) raped his ice-maiden wife (played by Nyree Dawn-Porter). Soamesites and Ireneites clashed everywhere.

I think the Beeb have been looking for another "dirty Den" for years, totally politically incorrect, taking his stepson hunting, trying to send him to a private boarding-school, acting coldly towards the biggest Gay in the Village, who in his turn is luved by everyone despite his promiscuity.

And where is the lesbian interest here? Has ANY character in "The Archers" ever displayed any overt lesbian tendencies? The script carefully emphasises that Kirsty is "straight"...whereas even the BBC announcers have hinted that Rob Titchenor is not safe around his adopted family.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It was the most excitement Ambridge has seen in a fairwhile so i'll let you off the overdramatising! Very well written though, and Lamie is correct, when on the phone to the counselling people she admitted Rob had forced himself upon her. The Drama!
So even more like "Soames v Irene". And that of course ended up with Irene marrying Jolyon ( Kenneth More) who is (was) Soames' cousin. And turning the Forsytes into two camps. Perhaps that's what they want the Archers to become, storylines for years then. Burned barns, savaged sheep...

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Reckon Helen found guilty, but wins an appeal
To A drag it out further, and B give time for a new story line with Rob and the new Nanny

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Reckon Helen found guilty, but wins an appeal
To A drag it out further, and B give time for a new story line with Rob and the new Nanny

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
This programme is a national disgrace! It's Helen who is on trial, not Rob. Rob's a decent cricketer and I'm sure is a closet Albion fan. Helen, on he other hand is a an Archer and thought to be a distant relative of a certain Archer associated with B&HA ...........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here