Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] RIP Michael Robinson

Black Hill

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
So very sad. Robbo was such an instrumental part of that cup run. I hope the club are able to arrange fitting tribute post lockdown.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Very sad news. He was a big part of a great era to be supporting the Albion. Remember the excitement when we were signing players like Robinson, Smith and Case etc.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
One of my absolute heroes from my era. I'm old enough to remember Ward and Lawrenson, but it didn't get going in my head before the years of Case and Robinson.

Never forget that semi final in 1983.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
A really hard running rumbunctious centre forward. Just what we need now, in fact. The football world remembers him as a Liverpool player,but for us he will be forever Albion.
So sorry to hear this.....that is too young to die. He achieved a lot in those years though. Condolences to his family . R I P Robbo.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Nice little tribute from the Movistar Cycling team last night. Shows how highly regarded he was across Spain & in the sporting world in general.

Screenshot_20200428-221501_Instagram.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Genuinely upset by his passing. Another part of my Albion upbringing taken too soon.

I was lucky enough to see Binney, Ward & Mellor, Foster and Lawrenson, Horton, Towner and Sully but Micheal Robinson was different.

Was it that he wasn't the greatest player we were watching, but his never-say-die, 100% effort in every game made up for that?

He covered every blade of grass, chased every lost cause.

BUT he certainly was a very good player - his goals/game ration shows that - and always with a smile on his face.

The fact that Souness, Lawrenson amongst so many others have spoken s highly of him speaks volumes - he was clearly a class act after he finished playing too.

RIP Michael, and condolences to your family.

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't yet posted on this thread but had intended to. I'm going to send it to my friend at Cadiz CF who will pass it on to Michael's family. I'm sure they will appreciate the comments and memories of many people on here.

I'll do that on Wednesday morning so if you haven't yet added your comments but would like to, there's still time.

R.I.P Michael

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
I've never had the privilege of watching him live, but all the tributes coming in suggest he was a true gentleman and a legend on and off the pitch. RIP Michael, you'll be missed.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
R.I.P. Michael.

Where to start? He was our main striker when I started to watch the Albion in the 1982/83 season, a quality player and an important member of that legendary Cup Final side. Who could forget his winner in the semi-final? His 37 goals in the top flight is a record, 11 more than Glenn.

So sad, and only 61. Legend.

Not really picked up by (m)any media outlets that Robbo is Brighton's all time leading goalscorer in the top flight of English football. I know we're not Liverpool - but we are a current Premier League team and that is a narrative arc that'd be worth investigating and writing about. Hey ho. RIP Michael Robinson

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't yet posted on this thread but had intended to. I'm going to send it to my friend at Cadiz CF who will pass it on to Michael's family. I'm sure they will appreciate the comments and memories of many people on here.

I'll do that on Wednesday morning so if you haven't yet added your comments but would like to, there's still time.

R.I.P Michael

Just a final heads up in case anyone still wants to post. I'll be sending it off at 12:00 today.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I believe he features prominently in one of the pictures on the wall of the North stand concourse still.
It's been a while since I 've looked at it whilst downing a half time pint.

Absolute legend. RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here