Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RIP Kit Napier

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Remember those days well.

He used to live in digs on the Old Shoreham Road just off Upper Kingston Lane in Southwick not far from where I used to live - RIP Kit

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Really sad to see this thread , along with O’Sullivan my favourite players of that era , RIP

Looking at the replies there seems to be a awful lot of 50 somethings on NSC .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Really sad to see this thread , along with O’Sullivan my favourite players of that era , RIP

Looking at the replies there seems to be a awful lot of 50 somethings on NSC .

Quite a few 60 somethings too.:wave:

65 here - 66 in July, and I was fairly young when watching Mr Napier......

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
RIP Mr Napier

The only Brighton player that I got an autograph from when a boy..he lived in a club house just up the road from me..took me ages to pluck up the courage to go knock on his door ..wore red boots (if memory serves me right) in an age of black ones

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
RIP Kit. Genuinely an Albion legend.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My Dad’s absolute hero. He’s going to be really upset when I call him and tell him in a bit.

I was too young to watch him play but I’ve never heard my Dad speak so affectionately of a player than he does Napier. Even more so than Wardy.

Sad day, RIP.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
RIP Oh Great One!

His goal against Cheaterfraud, when he was in the back of the net and their goalie mistakenly put the ball down for a free kick, not realising the whistle hadn't been blown. It ranks among my favourite Albion goals. Kit just picked himself up ran back to the 6 yard line and slotted it in the net past a very bemused keeper. South Stand goal if I remember correctly? Classic! Anyone got the match date and stats etc?

He was classy and one of my faves.

Great childhood memories.

TNBA

TTF

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Terribly sad to hear this. It was always a toss up between Kit or Bill Curry who was my favourite from that era but Kit was probably the one. He seemed to score goals with amazing regularity and I was really sad when he left.
RIP and thanks for the memories. [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He was mine as well. RIP Kit. Great player.

Scored a couple straight from corners and once the opposition keeper - Alan Stephenson playing for Chesterfield I think - put the ball on the deck mistakenly thinking he had been fouled and would get the free kick only for Kit to smash it home into an empty net.

I remember one of the straight from the corner kick goals. RIP a legend for us supporters of a certain age.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
RIP Oh Great One!

His goal against Cheaterfraud, when he was in the back of the net and their goalie mistakenly put the ball down for a free kick, not realising the whistle hadn't been blown. It ranks among my favourite Albion goals. Kit just picked himself up ran back to the 6 yard line and slotted it in the net past a very bemused keeper. South Stand goal if I remember correctly? Classic! Anyone got the match date and stats etc?

He was classy and one of my faves.

Great childhood memories.

TNBA

TTF

72-5.jpg

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Wow! Remember seeing him score (against Villa in 1972) as if it were yesterday. Six years with the Albion, 1 goal in 3 throughout that period. Can't complain about that!
RIP another of my teenage heroes.

I think Willie Irvine got the other in a 2-1 win, the season we went up with Villa. Glorious days and great memories. RIP Kit, I always loved the hair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here