Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Hereford United

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
100% this.
I've bumped into many of them over the years and it is fair to say they do not like us.
I imagine Hereford FC would be the easy scapegoat target for many a Brighton fan had they done to us what we did to them.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I imagine Hereford FC would be the easy scapegoat target for many a Brighton fan had they done to us what we did to them.

I didn't realise we'd done something bad by not letting them win.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

We needed a point to stay up and that was after a 1 point reduction for us for the half time protest.
Did you go there in the cup a few years later ?
They didn't like us and I agree with Ernest's quote about some of their fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't realise we'd done something bad by not letting them win.
You know what I mean.
Being football fans kind of makes all of us less than rational.

The way the 2 clubs diverged from that day, the 'loser' would always hold a grudge.
Irrespective how poorly run Hereford has been since that day.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sad news. Probably my worst and best Albion watching moment all in the same 90 minutes.

Hope they can be saved.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I little bit overdramatic. We would have simply been playing in the Southern League the following season.

Bit like Luton.....who now are on the journey to recovery.....hopefully Hereford recover from this plight in some shape or form.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It appears that some supporters are glad that the club may get a fresh start. They had severe misgivings about the survival plan and the credibility of the owner.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
It appears that some supporters are glad that the club may get a fresh start. They had severe misgivings about the survival plan and the credibility of the owner.

Not some, most. Supporters were boycotting the recent regime and their crowds were down to under 300 this season. 90% of Hereford fans will be relieved that the club has been wound up today so that they can start again next season with a phoenix.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Excellent news. And I don't mean that in a nasty way but this could be the best thing that's happened to them since Ronnie Radford. Rather than constantly having to duck and dive with a succession of 'rescue plans' and dodgy owners the fans have now got a chance to start again with a clean slate. Chester and Halifax went through this and bounced back (although Scarborough didn't). I wish the new Hereford Utd all the best.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Good luck to their rebirth, hopefully they will be able to keep it in the fans control. Bad owners spoil football.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All for the sake of a debt that Wayne Rooney earns in 3 days. I know it goes deeper than that, but you can't help wondering how football/FA/ allows this sort of thing to happen to it's members.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Been to Hereford twice once to see Peter Ward score his first goal and brighton to survive a big place in the History of our football club. Let's thank DK and TB and all the fans that helped to save our club and lets get behind them now and show the spirit that saved our club. The fight back starts at Wolves today.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Sad for the Hereford fans (and the people who worked at the club). My memory of the place is of Tommy Frazer momentarily turning into Ronaldo/Pele/Messi all in one!!

Yes it is very sad for the fans, most of whom will have had nothing to do with anything underhand and just turn up to support their team. I hope that something will emerge from the rubble there.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Hopefully they dont get bad owners again then.

Shame the FA doesn't do more to help clubs, seems their way of helping is fining or punishing clubs. I know clubs and owners arnt kids and the FA dont want to baby sit, but at the end of the day Im sure pro (and non pro) clubs pay members fees to the FA, and that should come with more help and teams sometimes need the FA's so called expertise help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here