Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Frank Farian

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I’d take issue with Simon Sebag Montefiore on one thing: It’s pretty generous of the lyrics to assert that these sinister unnamed “men of higher standing” were “not to blame” for Rasputin’s death, given that these same people then promptly put POISON into his wine and then SHOT him til he was dead, no less. I’m not sure that’s much of an alibi. Very much to blame if you ask me.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Indeed it was. One of the other singers mimed too. However both did live concert vocals.

This was the era of bands like 5000 volts who had a blonde lead singer who actually mimed to the vocals of Tina Charles (who later had her own successful career)
Said lead singer was the same Australian tourist groped by John Cleese in the "Permissive Society" episode in Fawlty Towers. Luan Peters....

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The global reaction to Milli Vanilli was quite bizarre, given that other bands had 'singers' over the years who didnt sing on records and/or live. Maybe it was because neither of them sang? Maybe a change in the times? At least with Boney M two out of four did.

As an aside, according to wiki and equally sad, Rob Pilatus death was was from an overdose of alcohol and prescription drugs and ruled accidental.
But if you watch the excellent documentary on Amazon Prime, he did go right off the rails after the scandal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But if you watch the excellent documentary on Amazon Prime, he did go right off the rails after the scandal.
True.

I am not challenging his mental state btw, he clearly had a lot of issues. just saying that the ruling of his death was accidental and not suicide. According to the press there were no indications of suicide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here