Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] RIP Dickie Davies

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You beat me to it. That was one of the strangest ones. Didn't they also feature high diving off what looked like a terribly fragile silver crane that took about 5 mins to climb?

And how about the Canadian lumberjack sports which included log rolling?
I mentioned this earlier, the world was a bigger place in the 70’s. 95% of Brits hadn’t been beyond non-communist Europe or the narcotics trail to India/Thailand.

Seeing all these places was incredible.

Separately, a penny for every time Dickie Davies mentioned the words “Ivan Mauger” 🙂

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Would have loved to have seen his intro into Aussie Rules Football. Probably along these lines?

Basically there is a brawl which now and then stops for the ball to be passed or kicked, and yes they are wearing vests with the refs wearing white coats :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jerry Rice almost certainly the best wide receiver ever. Montana the best QB of all time until Brady appeared.
I loved those 49'ers teams.

Despite having work the next day, I was lured in to Sunday nights with bugger all sleep ..... "I'll just give it another 10 minutes". :lolol:

Some great QB's at that time ... Elway and Marino too.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Remember Marino and the Marks brothers?
Had a long weekend in December 1990 in Miami to see the Dolphins play the Indianapolis Colts (who had a certain Eric Dickerson playing for them at RB).

Was ripped off by the 'Sports Company' who put me in an utterly shit hotel on Miami Beach, End Zone seat for the game etc. One and only experience of Miami, wont be going back.

Good game however, from memory Marino did the business. Marks Brothers, think only Clayton was playing as Duper had been caught with Marching Powder...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here