Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Dad Life long Albion fan

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
My condolences. Sad times. Got to look at the good times with him and remember.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My condolences to you and your family. Very sad.
I was 20 when my Dad died, he was 46. Terrible terrible time, but time is a healer, and then you can remember the good times.

gatwickseagull07

Jan 30, 2012
Exeter
He went to Hampden park school in Eastbourne & had a sister Nicky, my mums name is Catherine. He was actually 54 when he passed away. I think he lived Langley in eastbourne aswel

binney's tache

Oct 26, 2010
tora bora mountains
My Dad Richard Verrall aged 55 was a life long Albion fan, he passed away at his home in Hailsham suddenly on Friday evening, he had suffered a massive unexpected heart attack, he was healthy non-smoker didnt drink much. He was a life long Albion fan and shared my season ticket in the North stand behind the goal. He said on friday that he had a few pains, but like us guys do he just shrugged it off. I just want to urge any one who has any symptoms to get checked out. My Dad was loved by soo many at football & eastbourne speedway his two favourite things. If you knew him & would like to pay your respects the details of the funeral will be in the local paper & you can contact me for anything. I am absolutely gutted by this loss as anyone can imagine, I'm sure people have suffered the same thing in their own families. I just want to let any one know who knew him & urge everyone to check any symptoms. Thank you :bhasign:
My sympathies are sincerely with you Gatwck as my stepfather(dad) passed away in January, having watched the Albion for 71 years.you must celebrate your dad's life as hard as it sounds. Time will heal. Met my stepfather on the the terraces of st James park,Newcastle 1978, married mum a year later. The Albion really is a family and lifelong thing . Thinking of you mate. Be strong.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
RIP Richard, 55 is no age at all.

Sorry for your loss.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Really sorry to hear of your loss. My own dad passed away a couple of months ago so I know how hard it is. Mine passed after a battle against cancer so I did at least have some time to come to terms with what was happening, you must totally be in shock still. I'm behind the goal in the North Stand too, I'll make sure I sing a little louder next home game to honour your dad.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Sorry to hear about your loss. Condolences to all your family

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
All the best to you and your family at this tragic time. I couldn't imagine what you are going through right now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Condolences to you & your family. 54 is far too young. It will be painful for a while, and your emotions will be all over the place, but time is a healer, and after a while you'll be able to look back with good memories of things that you did together, not least supporting the Albion.

Eaglei

Sep 4, 2013
My Dad Richard Verrall aged 55 was a life long Albion fan, he passed away at his home in Hailsham suddenly on Friday evening, he had suffered a massive unexpected heart attack, he was healthy non-smoker didnt drink much. He was a life long Albion fan and shared my season ticket in the North stand behind the goal. He said on friday that he had a few pains, but like us guys do he just shrugged it off. I just want to urge any one who has any symptoms to get checked out. My Dad was loved by soo many at football & eastbourne speedway his two favourite things. If you knew him & would like to pay your respects the details of the funeral will be in the local paper & you can contact me for anything. I am absolutely gutted by this loss as anyone can imagine, I'm sure people have suffered the same thing in their own families. I just want to let any one know who knew him & urge everyone to check any symptoms. Thank you :bhasign:

I am sorry to hijack your football forum, Richard often spoke of his love for his football, but I really wanted to get a message to his family.
I knew your dad through many years of supporting Eastbourne Speedway. We sat near each other and we joined him in Copenhagen a few months ago to watch Nicki Pedersen in the Danish GP. He was a really great guy, talked of his family a lot and I will remember the good times we all had together.

I and many of us Eastbourne Speedway fans don't live locally, therefore unable to get the local papers, but I would like to pay my respects therefore could I ask, when you know, if you would let me know the funeral details please? If you would prefer me to give you my mobile then please let me know.

My sincere condolences to all of you. Richard will be sadly missed.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Sorry for your loss, a very sad time for you and your family. It sounds as if well respected and liked!

Fjilcp3

Richard verrall
Sep 5, 2013
Hi, I am gutted to hear the news of your dad. I worked with him at Roedean and had great chats with him about footie and speedway. I used to wind him up about speedway and joke it was boring as whoever gets to the 1st corner always wins!! He showed his passion by listing all the great races that proved me wrong. We used to talk footie all the time as well, I don't share the same teams as him but that used to make the discussions that much better. At the time I used to call Arsenal Van Persie FC. He was so proud of his family and he loved you all so much (you could tell the way he would talk about you all)! I know everyone always says it when somebody leaves us but he was a great bloke and a pleasure to have know. I'm sure you are all as proud of him as he was of you. I also worked with your mum for a short time at PCS. You all take care!!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry for your sudden loss, I lost my Dad when he was 52, it's so young. Sincere and heartfelt condolences to you and your family at this very sad time.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sorry to hear about Richard, my wife and I were very shocked to hear the sad news.
I met Richard as my wife worked with your mum at the school for a number of years and I worked at their house when they lived in Denton, I spent more time talking football with Richard than working. I had also spoken to Richard at Falmer station after matches.
Condolences to you and your family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here