Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Dad Life long Albion fan

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
My Dad Richard Verrall aged 55 was a life long Albion fan, he passed away at his home in Hailsham suddenly on Friday evening, he had suffered a massive unexpected heart attack, he was healthy non-smoker didnt drink much. He was a life long Albion fan and shared my season ticket in the North stand behind the goal. He said on friday that he had a few pains, but like us guys do he just shrugged it off. I just want to urge any one who has any symptoms to get checked out. My Dad was loved by soo many at football & eastbourne speedway his two favourite things. If you knew him & would like to pay your respects the details of the funeral will be in the local paper & you can contact me for anything. I am absolutely gutted by this loss as anyone can imagine, I'm sure people have suffered the same thing in their own families. I just want to let any one know who knew him & urge everyone to check any symptoms. Thank you :bhasign:

Sorry to read this.
RIP Richard.

Make the most of your lives people, I keep saying it.

neilandthomas

Jun 21, 2012
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Gone but never forgotten... He will always be with you in your heart and your memories. I lost my dad a few years ago, the pain you are feeling will subside over time but the love will last forever.

Sincere condolences to you and your family, for the 1st time in my life I will be cheering Bha to win when you play V Bolton.
Am sure he'll be there with you in the North mate
Contact the club and perhaps they'll do a remembrance message for him on the electronic board and in the programme??

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RIP Richard
just no age

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am 55 and I suffered a heart attack last year. No pains, my body just shut down. I was, however, short of breath in the days leading up to the attack. I booked an ECG with the doctor for Monday but events overtook me and I had the cardiac arrest on the Sunday. Fortunately the good people at Sussex County managed to fix me with a couple of stents.

I agree that if you have any doubts,especially if you are middle-aged, that you should see you doctor. Please go for regular check ups.

I didn't know your dad gatwickseagull07 but you have my deepest condolences on your sad loss. I genuinely feel for you mate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very sad news. RIP

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That's a sobering and deeply sad reminder of just how quick things can happen.
Very sorry for your loss gatwick.

Echo Littlehampton Eagle's comments about getting something in the programme, especially if you can add the funeral arrangements to it. Good way to jog the memory of old chums of his who may be elsewhere in the stadium and unaware of the news.

Take care of yourself.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Sorry to hear about your Dad. The same thing happened to mine at the age of 57. He felt pains in the morning, went to the doctors
who sent him home with tablets for re flux. Three hours later he died. Cheers Doc.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My dad died last year. It's devastating, I was destroyed for 2 or 3 months. Now, I am able to be more positive, and remember him and the good times we had together.

You will, I'm sure, find it very hard for some time, at some time (it hit me two months after he died). Take all the support that you can get, don't suffer alone.

All the best, RIP your dad.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
My Dad Richard Verrall aged 55 was a life long Albion fan, he passed away at his home in Hailsham suddenly on Friday evening, he had suffered a massive unexpected heart attack, he was healthy non-smoker didnt drink much. He was a life long Albion fan and shared my season ticket in the North stand behind the goal. He said on friday that he had a few pains, but like us guys do he just shrugged it off. I just want to urge any one who has any symptoms to get checked out. My Dad was loved by soo many at football & eastbourne speedway his two favourite things. If you knew him & would like to pay your respects the details of the funeral will be in the local paper & you can contact me for anything. I am absolutely gutted by this loss as anyone can imagine, I'm sure people have suffered the same thing in their own families. I just want to let any one know who knew him & urge everyone to check any symptoms. Thank you :bhasign:
SO sorry for you and your family.
My Dad died young and left me a totally shattered 18 year old. Can imagine your pain. Best wishes.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
My sincere condolences to you and your family. As others have said, it's no age. Sometime life just isn't fair. I last my Dad a few years ago, and still miss him dreadfully and think of him all the time.

Do not shed tears when I have gone but smile instead because I have lived.
Do not shut your eyes and pray to God that I'll come back but open your eyes and see all that I have left behind.
I know your heart will be empty because you cannot see me but still I want you to be full of the love we shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live only for yesterday or you can be happy for tomorrow because of what happened between us yesterday.
You can remember me and grieve that I have gone or you can cherish my memory and let it live on.
You can cry and lose yourself, become distraught and turn your back on the world or you can do what I want - smile, wipe away the tears, learn to love again and go on.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

RiP Thoughts with you and your family mate.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Didn't know him but sat / stood near him behind the North Goal.

Sorry mate. We will all need to sing a little louder on Spanish Day.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I may be wrong but I new a Richard Verrall a long time ago.
I'm 57 and his name rings a bell with me.
If it's not too difficult could you give a few more details IE: schools etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here