Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Chester City

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
That is sad.

As I said on another thread, I was there ten years ago when we beat them 7 - 1.

Nice place Chester, except for the ground and the gobby scousers that seem to work in every pub.

(got a feeling that's where Zamorra made his debut for us on loan and scored three)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just heard on talksport they have been expelled from BS, not folded.

Just heard on talksport they have been expelled from BS, not folded.

Technically, these are different things. But a football club with no-one to play is a football club that has folded.

As a follower of Newport County since I was about seven years old, I feel the pain of the Chester fans. It's ironic that County will be finally reach the Blue Square Premier next season, after years of struggle to recover from their demise in 1989.

Counting chickens footnote:-

I know. Nothing is certain in football. But a 21 point lead at the top of the league, with only 12 games to play (and a game in hand), looks a very healthy place to be conducting a promotion push from.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
TNS have put a bid in to play at the Deva Stadium next season as their own ground isn't up to Welsh Poremier league standard!
Very sad here even for Wrexham fans, who came very close to the same thing 4 years ago

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Technically, these are different things. But a football club with no-one to play is a football club that has folded.

As a follower of Newport County since I was about seven years old, I feel the pain of the Chester fans. It's ironic that County will be finally reach the Blue Square Premier next season, after years of struggle to recover from their demise in 1989.

Counting chickens footnote:-

I know. Nothing is certain in football. But a 21 point lead at the top of the league, with only 12 games to play (and a game in hand), looks a very healthy place to be conducting a promotion push from.

My grandfather played for and supported Newport County. He was born in Newport. He used to drive me to Newport, from Worthing, to see his parents, and would take me to Somerton Park regularly. He died in 1978, so did not live to see Newport win the Welsh Cup and gain promotion, both in 1980, and reach the quarter-finals of the European Cup Winners' Cup, in 1981. At least he was not around to see the club's demise. He would have been heartbroken.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Chester City. Expelled.

Struggling conference side Chester City have been thrown out of the football conference,with immediate effect. :shrug:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Chester City expelled from Conference...

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | C | Chester | Chester expelled from Conference

Chester City have been expelled from the Football Conference with immediate effect following a meeting with the member clubs.

The Conference received over 75% of the votes required to take action against City after the club had admitted to breaching five Conference rules.

The club will now not be able to fulfil any remaining fixtures, beginning with Saturday's clash against Oxford.

City, who did not attend the meeting, face a winding-up order on 10 March.

A statement on the Conference website read: "Member clubs of the Football Conference voted in support of the board of directors' recommendation to erase Chester City (2004) FC Ltd from membership in accordance with Article 5.2."

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Thats a bit harsh!

Got to feel for their fans.

Wha does this mean for the club next season?

I should imagine they'll get wound up in March, and have to start again several rungs down from the conf

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
A blow to our play off hopes that 3 point loss. :tantrum:

It was ridiculous that they were allowed to compete in the first place. It was clear they weren't up to completing the season.
Nice work by the football league in basically forcing the conference to take them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here