Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ring of Fire,

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest if it gets atmos going then fair enough however for me its associated with liverpool.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Did Johnny Cash play for Liverpool then?

:jester:

No, he was actually very politically active at times. That and of course, recreational drug use. :blush:

250px-Johnny_Cash-Nixon.jpg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Whoever is responsible for the music before the game, and attempts to boost atmosphere/singing, continues to do a decidedly average job.

We had the farce of Rod Stewarts's "Sailing" and now Johnny Cash...

A very obvious, and quite good, idea to play it, but to make it work they had to edit it so the "Ring of Fire" chorus the fans actually want to sing was repeated a couple of times and then faded out... No-one wants to hear Johnny Cash singing the verses.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can tell who was at Fulham and Charlton sand who wasn't on this thread?! Sounded amazing

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I think we will see the ring of fire at its best on Sunday, especially with a full ground, people will get to their seats a little earlier, and hopefully it will be played just before the start again.
How about a bit of a practice in the concourse
:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
How was it for you?

For me I enjoyed it, joining in and scarf twirling, it sounded to me that the majority of the north joined in, and I also saw fans scarf twirling in the east and west stands ( are we at last acting as one for a chant). lets have more of the same:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:
I was doing it in a box I think the guys in the next box thought we were mad mind you i was in the Heineken box.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Just my opinion...

Should be played straight after Sussex By The Sea when the ground is almost full and after the players have shaken hands.

I appreciate the teams need to be read out at some stage, but would be great to build the atmosphere with Ring Of Fire just before kick off.

Finally they need an edited version.... With just the instrumental section that we sing along too.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Oh Ernest
Have a look at New Bachata 2014} Lil Lito (Garcia) - Something Original [Music Video] on youtube

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think it's great. Everyone around me was jumping up and down, singing and happy. And as for originality, I really don't care, as I will quite happily join in with The Blaydon Races.

And finally. There was a couple of rounds of Tom Hark in the North Stand, and that really is a Brighton song.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just my opinion...

Should be played straight after Sussex By The Sea when the ground is almost full and after the players have shaken hands.

I appreciate the teams need to be read out at some stage, but would be great to build the atmosphere with Ring Of Fire just before kick off.

Finally they need an edited version.... With just the instrumental section that we sing along too.

Then you should keep your opinions to yourself :dunce:

Seriously you want Ring of Fire played after our club and county anthem, that has historical resonance with the people of Sussex since the 1st World War because of what? Some fans have enjoyed singing it and twirling their scarfs to it in the last two or three games? You are seriously mental. I remember a period when we used to sing Tubthumper by Chumbawumba pretty regularly in the North Stand at the Goldstone, maybe we should adopt that too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here