Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ring of Fire,

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Think a couple more home games of this, then the whole crowd should know what to do .
next up think of anouther chant to lead on to it. That way we'll have two songs the amex can all sing together

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Some alternate lyrics (flame on 🔥):

Hate is a burning thing
And it makes a fiery ring
Bound by wild desire
We made Bill, a ring of fire

Bill fell in the burning ring of fire,
Bill went down, down, down as the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns
The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

The taste of hate is sweet,
When you burn a f**kin cheat
Oh, how the Albion smiled
When Bill Archer's fire went wild

Bill fell in the burning ring of fire,
Bill went down, down, down as the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns
The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hilarious.

We have 2 threads complaining of Albion fans not singing the same song together, or not creating an atmosphere. We have a song everyone joins in, but it's 'tinpot'.

3 threads on NSC sum up why we can't get an atmosphere going.

It isn't seating positions, pricing, NSK, Paul Barber etc. et al. to blame. It's us. Too many precious types, what's cool, what isn't, what's old, what's new, what's tinpot, what's this, what's that.

I couldn't give a shit whether ring of fire is 'cool' or not, I joined in because it got the atmosphere going. All these consultations about atmosphere are a waste of time if people are just not prepared to swallow whatever perceived self conscious pride they have and join in whatever else is being started. Barber and the club can't help with that - it's in our corner...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hilarious.

We have 2 threads complaining of Albion fans not singing the same song together, or not creating an atmosphere. We have a song everyone joins in, but it's 'tinpot'.

It isn't seating positions, pricing, NSK, Paul Barber etc. et al. to blame. It's us. Too many precious types, what's cool, what isn't, what's old, what's new, what's tinpot, what's this, what's that.

I couldn't give a shit whether ring of fire is 'cool' or not, I joined in because it got the atmosphere going. All these consultations about atmosphere are a waste of time if people are just not prepared to swallow whatever perceived self conscious pride they have and join in whatever else is being started. Barber and the club can't help with that - it's in our corner...

Spot on.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Two things for me.
1). It works better when loads do it together = away games
2). When it's flipping cold I'm not taking my scarf off!!

It was great at Fulham, I think it's an away song.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Hilarious.

Exactly! If we still had the Thumbs Up button I'd be hitting it repeatedly.

Like it or not its an easy song to sing and anyone who was at either the Fulham or Charlton games you'd have seen how catchy it is and how many people joined in. Obviously the club has noticed as well and fair play to them for playing Ring of Fire before the game as we'll in an attempt to get the crowd going. I also noticed that that the stewards in the North Stand didn't go through their normal routine of asking people to sit down half way through the first half so maybe things are slowly changing.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Personally I don't care if they sing something to "Mary, Mary quite contrary" as long as it gets the Amex jumping. However much it brings bile to my throat and it really does, if we could generate half the noise those fkers in croydon make it would be worth ten points a season to us at home.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At Fulham, even us ESU crusties were bouncing up and down. I love it. It's fun, it doesn’t take itself seriously, and most importantly it lifts the atmosphere.

Keep it up lads.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside

Like it or not its an easy song to sing and anyone who was at either the Fulham or Charlton games you'd have seen how catchy it is and how many people joined in. Obviously the club has noticed as well and fair play to them for playing Ring of Fire before the game as we'll in an attempt to get the crowd going. I also noticed that that the stewards in the North Stand didn't go through their normal routine of asking people to sit down half way through the first half so maybe things are slowly changing.

Thumbs Up:thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Thumbs are still here.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
At Fulham, even us ESU crusties were bouncing up and down. I love it. It's fun, it doesn’t take itself seriously, and most importantly it lifts the atmosphere.

Keep it up lads.

Agree with that. Fulham was a great night. Seems to me we have the genuine fans at away games. Lots of noise at those games.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Two things for me.
1). It works better when loads do it together = away games
2). When it's flipping cold I'm not taking my scarf off!!

It was great at Fulham, I think it's an away song.

Please reread post #25

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
O
Hilarious.

Perfectly put. Can't everyone focus on having fun & supporting the team rather than being self- conscious?

It wasn't contrived at Fulham away, it was spontaneous and a laugh......and it helped the team to 3 vital points.

Those of us old enough to have been in the old North Stand need to show the way. Don't forget there are a couple of generations that don't know what it was like on the terraces and pre Taylor Report. Gillingham & Withdean could never compensate.

I bet there's plenty of teenage fans and early 20 somethings who would literally jump at recreating that type of atmosphere again if given the chance.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't think it does. Even silence is preferable to certain things in football and they include drums, tunes such as Ring of Fire with no actual words, and the disgraceful continental orchestrated tripe Palace do.
In the WSL we sang the words, even though we had no idea why we were singing it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here