Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rik Mayall, comedy genius, has died (contains binfestery)

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Deeply saddened by this . One of the most creative and funny guys of the post Python generation .
I will never forget that day at Castle Donington when he and Ade encouraged 60,000 people to lob bog rolls and bottles of piss at them while they performed as Bad News .

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. Rik Mayall played a huge part in my finding my humour growing up and then beyond as an adult. If we hadn't have had his addition to comedy, comedy would be a duller place, now the world is.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Truly saddened and gutted by this news The best comedian of my generation. Met him a couple of times and was a great bloke.
RIP Rik

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wow - I've always loved Bottom and saw it at live at the Dome. Brilliant comic actor - will be sadly missed.

RIP Rik

still in a state of shock really, I don't do RIPs for people I don't know but i've grown up with him (so to speak) I don't know what to say, If he knew me though he'd probably appreciate the phone call with my eldest sister when she told me the news, at 46 and 61 respectively we just spent the time making quotes. I haven't read the thread yet but me and the Modfather (posts on here)spent many an evening with a few beers and a constant run of 'Mr Jolley Lives Next Door' on the old Video...yes we've got a video!.....sleep well you *******

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Dear YouTube,

Please ensure your servers are robust enough for the next few hours for all the extra traffic on any video featuring Rik Mayall.

Signed, The World

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
[All sit. Flasheart notices BA.]

FlasheartWell, well, well, well, well. If it isn't old Captain Slack Bladder.

BA Blackadder.

Flasheart Couldn't resist it, eh, Slack Bladder? Told you you thought I was great. All right men, let's do-oo-oo it! The first thing to remember is: always treat your kite . . .

[Flasheart taps the picture of the Sopwith Camel with his stick.]

Flasheart ...like you treat your woman!

[Flasheart whips the air with his cane.]

George How, how do you mean, Sir? Do you mean, do you mean take her home at weekends to meet your mother?

Flasheart No, I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.

[George smirks.]

BA I'm beginning to see why the Suffragette Movement want the vote.

Flasheart Hey, hey! Any bird who wants to chain herself to my railings and suffer a jet movement gets my vote. Er, right. Well, I'll see you in ten minutes for take-off.

[Flasheart begins to leave.]

BA Hang on, hang on! What about the months of training?

Flasheart Hey, wet-pants! This isn't the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps. You're in the Twenty Minuters now.

[Darling stands up.]

Darling Er, Sir . . .

Flasheart Yes . . .

Darling . . . Sir!

Flasheart . . . Prat at the back!

Darling I think we'd all be intrigued to know why you're called the Twenty Minuters.

George Oh, Mister Thicko. Imagine not knowing that.

Flasheart Well, it's simple! The average life expectancy for a new pilot is twenty minutes.

Darling Ah . . .

[Darling sits.]

BA Life expectancy . . . of twenty minutes . . .

Flasheart That's right. Goggles on, chocks away, last one back's a homo! Hurray!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Deeply saddened by this . One of the most creative and funny guys of the post Python generation .
I will never forget that day at Castle Donington when he and Ade encouraged 60,000 people to lob bog rolls and bottles of piss at them while they performed as Bad News .

I was there too. Was very funny.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
One of the very best, highly talented and transformed comedy as much as anyone I can think of. Very sad news indeed ... RIP

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Him and Ade were the fireball energy of the change to alternative comedy. One of the comedy actors of his generation, and probably the most brilliantly unhinged.
#RiPrik

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
A true comedy genius. Everything he did was fantastic from the Young Ones, The Comic Strip, Bottom even Filthy Rich and Catflap had its moments. His cameos in Blackadder were truly brilliant. He upstaged some really big names in that series with his two versions of Flashheart. He was a true icon of my generation and I'm absolutely gutted. I feel like I've lost a close relative. Does anyone know what he has died from it seems that it maybe associated with his illness after his quad bike accident?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I am not renowned for my patience

Rik: Oh, oh well you're probably not Dr Kildare then

(Gets hit by gun).

Neil, Neil, Orange Peel.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Jesus... awful, awful news. I grew up watching Bottom and that (Gas) episode is still the best 30 mins of pure comic genius I have ever, ever seen. I was crying from the cold cups of tea until the "I thought I'd burn it off..." "what? your face!" gag... utter, utter genius. I'm very, very sad right now.

Thanks Rik, for making my teenage years all the better with your fantastic bottom.

RIP indeed.

Kosh

The gas episode with Brian Glover. Absolute classic, as was all of his stuff. A massive RIP pRik.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here