Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Right Honourable Corbyn

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why do far lefties hate nation states, particularily their own?

i presume you are referring to the leftie groups that are getting a slight bit of press coverage with their stance that national borders are racist and their very violent protests
,these corbynistas are total loonies.....they are only getting press coverage because they are uber violent like all left wing trots......the feministas are the worst of them

bunch of twats with nothing better to do

Dec 29, 2011
can you tell me what gives him the right to tell The Falkland Islanders they should be jointly administered from Argentina and Britain, perhaps you could point me in the direction of a link where the Islanders have requested this?

To be fair I don't know a lot about the Falkland Islands and his views on it. I've read A LOT about Corbyn and his views on The Falklands seems to not go beyond 'we could try a joint administration if everyone agreed'. I don't think it would happen, the people of the Falklands are staunchly British. I'd hazard a guess it's either something corbyn believes inline with his 'dialog between all parties is key to peace' or it's just an off the cuff the remark he made when asked. I don't believe the Falklands status needs to be changed, but if we entered into dialog with all parties it wouldn't hurt to discus it.

Furthermore, I think of Corbyn really felt strongly about the Falklands we'd know more about it. For instance he has a long history of protesting with the Chagos Islanders to try and get their home back in Deigo Garcia and the surrounding islands, but we don't really hear about that on the news, do we? Because it makes the government look bad and makes Corbyn look normal. We instead hear about how he didn't bow low enough or didn't sing the national anthem.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
To be fair I don't know a lot about the Falkland Islands and his views on it. I've read A LOT about Corbyn and his views on The Falklands seems to not go beyond 'we could try a joint administration if everyone agreed'. I don't think it would happen, the people of the Falklands are staunchly British. I'd hazard a guess it's either something corbyn believes inline with his 'dialog between all parties is key to peace' or it's just an off the cuff the remark he made when asked. I don't believe the Falklands status needs to be changed, but if we entered into dialog with all parties it wouldn't hurt to discus it.

Furthermore, I think of Corbyn really felt strongly about the Falklands we'd know more about it. For instance he has a long history of protesting with the Chagos Islanders to try and get their home back in Deigo Garcia and the surrounding islands, but we don't really hear about that on the news, do we? Because it makes the government look bad and makes Corbyn look normal. We instead hear about how he didn't bow low enough or didn't sing the national anthem.

no matter how much you corbynistas may want Corbyn to discuss the rules and sovereignty of the falklands .....there is nothing to discuss.......period.........he should shut the **** up about it.........its a closed book.......the Falkland Islands are British and the islanders want to remain British.......i understand my viewpoint wont stop him in his quest for the islands to be under joint control........there is no way the british electorate will agree with him though

Dec 29, 2011
no matter how much you corbynistas may want Corbyn to discuss the rules and sovereignty of the falklands .....there is nothing to discuss.......period.........he should shut the **** up about it.........its a closed book.......the Falkland Islands are British and the islanders want to remain British.......i understand my viewpoint wont stop him in his quest for the islands to be under joint control........there is no way the british electorate will agree with him though

Actually I agree about the Falklands, I don't think we need to discuss anything. The 2,000 or so inhabitants seem very happy with how things are. This is one of the things that frustrates me with Corbyn. He has shaken the world of politics since his arrival, and I think it's really shown how much of a farce the current system is since Corbyn has been on the scene. However, it's far too easy to Corbyn's detractors to use the public's ignorance against him. For instance, an IRA supporter, wanting to give the Falklands back to Argentina (did they ever even own it?), a Hamas supporter etc etc. None of these things are true but actions and statements by Corbyn make it very easy for the uneducated population to be fed lies which make Corbyn seem completely unelectable.

What Corbyn stands for is everything this country needs. We're in the 21st century, we've solved mass employment and everything is working pretty smoothly but we should want to push things on now. Reduce inequality, reduce poverty, reduce climate change etc. We could live in a country which invests in green energy rather than wars to create thousands of new high tech jobs. We could scrap Trident in favour of millions of new houses to give a chance for young families to own their own home. We could improve education and reduce the level of unemployment by investing in adult training schemes. There are so many things this country could be doing which would benefit the population but the government are resistant to. Corbyn has this vision, he's not in it for personal gain like it seems with 90% of other politicians - he's actually trying to make a difference in the country and in the world in terms peace.

When you look at Corbyn's beliefs and policies they make a lot of sense - it's very hard to pick holes in them if you actually do a lot of research like I have done. When I asked the question, "Which of his policies are clueless?" I didn't actually get an answer, despite a lot of friction for Corbyn in this thread. That shows me that there aren't actually many 'clueless policies', it's just the public's unwillingness to actually find real facts about the person they don't support. I admire Corbyn for sticking to his guns in terms of his more controversial beliefs but maybe now he's Labour leader it's time he actually moves a little bit towards the middle. It's a hard sacrifice to make, especially after decades of protesting and campaigning, but if he really wants to make a difference that chance will only come if he appeals more to the wider audience. Denounce the IRA, don't say things about Hamas that can be misconstrued etc. The educated among us know what he really believes, but we're not the ones he need to convince. It's the large majority of the population who aren't educated he needs to appeal to to actually be in with a chance of changing this country.

Dec 29, 2011
I admire your ability to substantiate your beliefs backed up with well thought verse, however I hardly think his arrival has shaken the world of politics do you?

Maybe a little dramatic, but definitely in my (short) lifetime I've not seen a politican like him. Perhaps they were more common in the 80s. He's shown me politicians don't have to be well dressed, with a polished image and everything they say overlooked by three different PAs before it can go into public viewing. Bernie Sanders is somewhat similar.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Maybe a little dramatic, but definitely in my (short) lifetime I've not seen a politican like him. Perhaps they were more common in the 80s. He's shown me politicians don't have to be well dressed, with a polished image and everything they say overlooked by three different PAs before it can go into public viewing. Bernie Sanders is somewhat similar.

Nigel Farage ? (guessing your not a fan)

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Actually I agree about the Falklands, I don't think we need to discuss anything. The 2,000 or so inhabitants seem very happy with how things are. This is one of the things that frustrates me with Corbyn. He has shaken the world of politics since his arrival, and I think it's really shown how much of a farce the current system is since Corbyn has been on the scene. However, it's far too easy to Corbyn's detractors to use the public's ignorance against him. For instance, an IRA supporter, wanting to give the Falklands back to Argentina (did they ever even own it?), a Hamas supporter etc etc. None of these things are true but actions and statements by Corbyn make it very easy for the uneducated population to be fed lies which make Corbyn seem completely unelectable.

What Corbyn stands for is everything this country needs. We're in the 21st century, we've solved mass employment and everything is working pretty smoothly but we should want to push things on now. Reduce inequality, reduce poverty, reduce climate change etc. We could live in a country which invests in green energy rather than wars to create thousands of new high tech jobs. We could scrap Trident in favour of millions of new houses to give a chance for young families to own their own home. We could improve education and reduce the level of unemployment by investing in adult training schemes. There are so many things this country could be doing which would benefit the population but the government are resistant to. Corbyn has this vision, he's not in it for personal gain like it seems with 90% of other politicians - he's actually trying to make a difference in the country and in the world in terms peace.

When you look at Corbyn's beliefs and policies they make a lot of sense - it's very hard to pick holes in them if you actually do a lot of research like I have done. When I asked the question, "Which of his policies are clueless?" I didn't actually get an answer, despite a lot of friction for Corbyn in this thread. That shows me that there aren't actually many 'clueless policies', it's just the public's unwillingness to actually find real facts about the person they don't support. I admire Corbyn for sticking to his guns in terms of his more controversial beliefs but maybe now he's Labour leader it's time he actually moves a little bit towards the middle. It's a hard sacrifice to make, especially after decades of protesting and campaigning, but if he really wants to make a difference that chance will only come if he appeals more to the wider audience. Denounce the IRA, don't say things about Hamas that can be misconstrued etc. The educated among us know what he really believes, but we're not the ones he need to convince. It's the large majority of the population who aren't educated he needs to appeal to to actually be in with a chance of changing this country.
Its an insult to peoples intelligence to keep denying this, even he wont come out and say it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here