7) Cardiff
8) Villa
9) Ipswich
10) Brentford
11) Fulham
12) Preston
13) Derby :lolol:
14) MASSIVE LEEDS
15) Will Grigg's on Fire. (Wigan Athletic).
16) Reading
17) Wolves
18) Brum
19) Bristol City
20) Blackburn
21) Rotherham
22) Huddersfield
23) Barnsley
24) Burton Albion

We finished with 89 points again, and snatched promotion off Massive on the last day on goal difference due to us winning our game by two goals and them losing their's. Well... I can dream anyway...

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
What was the outcome of the NSC predictions for the season just finished?...I haven't heard a dicky bird on that thread... can't even find it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Everybody said the same about Newcastle last time yet they won the league with a manager in his first ever job with no experience of the division either

Keeping Benitez is as good a signing as any club will make in the division this summer. The argument that a man who was won nearly every trophy going won't do well at this level is frankly ludicrous

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1) BHAFC
2) Newcastle
3) Norwich
4) Derby
5) Nottingham Forest
6) Villa
7) Ipswich
8) Wednesday
9) Cardiff
10) QPR
11) Brentford
12) Birmingham
13) Huddersfield
14) Bristol City
15) Wigan
16) Leeds
17) Reading
18) Preston
19) Fulham
20) Burton
21) Wolves
22) Blackburn
23) Rotherham
24) Barnsley

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We've got to be nearer the top than the bottom, even if we lose a key player or two. Beyond that it's just guesswork in a very unpredictable league.

The teams I'll be most worried about playing are Derby and Wednesday, who we just don't seem to be able to work out. Villa and Newcastle should be fun.

At this extremely early stage we're probably worth a punt for the play-offs but replicating this year's kind of form will be a monumental task.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
This is in no order - just my thoughts about the teams even though I have no idea who they are going to sign! (following in footsteps of this ridiculous thread haha!)

Newcastle: Despite reservations about their ability to bounce back, they have the backing (£60m apparently) and have a world class Manager at the helm with a huge crowd behind them. They will almost certainly be promoted either first or second.

Norwich: will be up there as well as they have a very settled squad which they'll add to.

Villa: is the unknown as until we know who is taking over and how much money will be made available then they could end up going down/mid table/ be top 6

Derby: I think will spend big again with Pearson at the helm, they will be top 6 again.

Sheff Wed: Again they'll spend big now they've had a taster of being in the top 6, I think they'll end up third or fourth this year.

We'll be up there as well IF we don't have to replace a Dunk/Knockeart/Kayal - if we do and they turn out to be not as good then we could end up being just outside the playoffs. However I'm expecting us to be in the top 6 again

Ipswich: With McCarthy staying there then they'll be there or thereabouts. Didn't spend a lot last season (I think) so either they are tightening up their belts or the Chairman is running out of money. Outside of playoffs again this year I feel

Cardiff: A good side so if they stay together and add a few quality players could well be challenging again

QPR: A bit of unknown quantity - Haven't replaced Austin yet so will be interesting to see who comes in - should have finished higher so maybe JFH not cut out for this Division? Could be the first sacked if near the bottom.

Brentford: If they keep the squad together and add to it, they are my dark horses this year. Finished strongly and they remind me of Bournemouth who finished strongly and then went up the following year. Could happen again with them.

Birmingham: Don't know if they have any money to spend but Rowett has done very well there - expecting mid table

Huddersfield: I think they will be stronger this year with a good Manager based on the second half of the season, could be close to playoffs

Bristol City: A much better second half of the season, although they still look lightweight - I'm expecting them to spend quite a bit of money this year so expect them top half of the table.

Leeds: I honestly think they might be in trouble this year, will Evans stay? If they aren't top 6 by end of Sept I think he'll be sacked. Can't see any quality players going there with the nutcase Chairman in charge. Bottom 6 this season

Reading: Another who could surprise and flirt with Relegation - depends on who the new man in charge is and how much money is made available.

Preston: Very good first season as a bit of an unknown quantity - However I think Managers will have worked them out this season so I think they will finish a bit lower this year - still mid table though

Fulham: they have got a very good squad but they are not being performing well at all, if RM leaves it could leave them in danger of going down.

Wolves: Natives are restless as is the Chairman who is looking for a way out. Didn't perform at all well last season with the squad they've got they should be top half. Need to buy better this summer if they want to be challenging for top 6 - mid table I reckon

Blackburn: Shackles have been taken off now but they haven't got a Manager (I think?) and a squad which really isn't very good. Expecting a couple of better players to leave this summer (Hanley and the winger, what's his name?), plus with no idea if owners will put any money into the club, I expect them to be battling relegation.

Rotherham: No idea what they're going to do this year, if the get a decent new Manager then they might stay up - but I doubt it.

Barnsley: If they can keep Winnall then they should be good enough to stay up.

Burton: Lovely story but I expect them to finish in bottom 3.

Wigan: Another case of being a dark horse, if they can keep the squad together and add some quality signings then I expect them to challenge for top 6.

Forest: Free to spend and expecting a decent Manager to go there (Oscar?) have the makings of a good squad, I expect them to be in the top 10.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
1. Newcastle United
2. Wolverhampton Wanderers
----------------------------
3. Norwich City
4. Birmingham City
5. Sheffield Wednesday
6. Derby County
-----------------------------
7. Ipswich Town
8. Brighton & Hove Albion (I fear a hangover from this season for the first 12 games)
9. Preston North End
10. Cardiff City
11. Reading
12. Blackburn Rovers
13. QPR
14. Leeds United
15. Fulham
16. Burton Albion
17. Wigan Athletic
18. Bristol City
19. Aston Villa
20. Barnsley
21. Huddersfield Town
---------------------------------
22. Rotherham United
23. Brentford
24. Nottingham Forest

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I GENUINELY believe we will win the division next season Roll on 2016/17!

1 ALBION
2 Derby
------------------------------
3 Newcastle
4 Sheff Weds
5 Nottingham Forest
6 Leeds
7 Norwich
8 Bristol City
9 QPR
10 Fulham
11 Birmingham
12 Brentford
13 Reading
14 Wolves
15 Wigan
16 Villa
17 Cardiff
18 Huddersfield
19 Ipswich
20 Preston
21 Barnsley
--------------------------------
22 Burton
23 Blackburn
24 Rotherham

Obs very early wild guess predictions without knowing transfers etc but one thing is for sure, i am 100% certain we will be in that top 2 and think 14/1 for the title is decent enough.

Last edited:

Newcastle and Derby top two

Norwich and Sheff Wed close

Us and Villa scrape in play-offs

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
1. Brighton & Hove Albion
2. Newcastle United
----------------------------
3. Derby County
4. QPR
5. Birmingham City
6. Norwich City
7. Reading
8. Wolverhampton Wanderers
9. Cardiff City
10. Fulham
11. Ipswich Town
12. Aston Villa
13. Leeds United
14. Huddersfield Town
15. Blackburn Rovers
16. Nottingham Forest
17. Wigan Athletic
18. Bristol City
19. Preston North End
20. Barnsley
21. Rotherham United
---------------------------------
22. Brentford
23. Burton Albion
24. Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Why the hell are we worrying about what all these other clubs are going to do next season? We have every reason to be very confident, as we have a squad of players that most other Championship clubs would envy. We may lose a key player but he will be replaced and there will be other signings. The strike-force will be strengthened and we now have more creativity than anyone else in this division. Who else can boast ( at present ) Knockaert, Skalac, Murphy, March and KLL. The defence will be solid again and we have no problem with keepers. If we keep Stephens, we will probably have the best middle-two in the division and young talent waiting in the wings e.g Towell and Harper.
One thing is guaranteed next season. We will not experience that level of injuries or sheer misfortune again and yet, despite all that, we still amassed 89 points and only lost 5 games all season. With our fantastic team spirit and far fewer injuries, we have to be one of the favourites for automatic promotion. The leading sides should include us, Newcastle, Derby, Norwich and Sheff Wed. Outside of these 5, there will be a queue of clubs, who are fringe play-offs...Cardiff, Birmingham, Ipswich, Forest, QPR, Brentford, Villa and Preston. Staying out of trouble should be Huddersfield, Fulham, Wigan, Barnsley and Leeds. Some of those I fear may struggle could be Burton, Blackburn, Wolves, Reading, Bristol City and Rotherham.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
1 Newcastle
2 Brighton
3 Derby
4 Norwich
5 Sheff Wed
6 Cardiff
7 Birmingham
8 Ipswich
9 Villa
10 QPR
11 Preston
12 Brentford
13 Notts Forest
14 Leeds
15 Wolves
16 Blackburn
17 Reading
18 Fulham
19 Wigan
20 Huddersfield
21 Bristol City
22 Barnsley
23 Rotherham
24 Burton

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Before all the buying and selling to come. Not being unduly pessimistic as I think we are going to have make some recruitment and keep our existing players and he same applies to our rivals.

Two Yorkshire clubs avoid relegation.

1. Newcastle
2. Derby
3. Villa
4. Norwich,
5. Brighton & Hove Albion
6. Wednesday
7. Wolves
8. Forest
9. Preston NE
10. Ipswich
11. Brentford
12. QPR
-------------------------------
13. Cardiff
14. Reading
15. Wigan
16. Fulham
17. Birmingham
18. Burton
19. Blackburn
20. Rotherham
21. Bristol C
22. Barnsley
23. Huddersfield T
24. Leeds U.

Promotion clubs expected (like Burnley) to win home and away against the bottom seven.

To be Champions, we might have to win every game in Yorkshire.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1. Newcastle Poor defence, poor midfield, indifferent attack, won’t win it by much
2. Derby Pearson exponent of the 4-3-3 which Derby is made to measure. Little recruitment expected as they have overspent.
3. Villa Woeful + Gestede
4. Norwich Too ordinary and boring. Not as good as Hull.
5. Brighton & Hove Albion Who will we sign?
6. Wednesday Defence is not lucky by accident.
7. Wolves Injury hit last season and players sold
8. Forest Got to watch this team as they showed signs last season. Team not to write of as the Albion were.
9. Preston NE I thought they were going to win against our ten men reserves at the Amex.
10. Ipswich Nearly as boring as Norwich. Hard to beat.
11. Brentford Ahead of QPR
12. QPR Behind Brentford.
-------------------------------
13. Cardiff Transition
14. Reading Transition
15. Wigan Underwhelmed
16. Fulham I don’t think they are all bad. Just keep letting in goals.
17. Birmingham Hotch potch of a team
18. Burton Beat some higher League teams in the Cup two seasons back
19. Blackburn Direct, set pieces
20. Rotherham Plucky
21. Bristol C Slow and even worse
22. Barnsley ???
23. Huddersfield T From poor to worse
24. Leeds U Lucky to win even a single game.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What was the outcome of the NSC predictions for the season just finished?...I haven't heard a dicky bird on that thread... can't even find it.

Last season
I had the Albion finishing sixth so we overachieved. I had one out of Boro and Deby missing out. Derby I think. I did not tip Burnley or Hull but tipped Wednesday as champions. I had Fulham and QPR in the play-offs. I also has Charlton relegated.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
It's very difficult to even hazard a prediction so soon after the season has just ended and before any team has carried out its recruitment. But anyway, here's my stab:

Newcastle and Norwich will be there or thereabouts.

I think Fulham and Qpr under performed last year and will do better next season; they have better managers than they started the season with and can still draw on parachute payments. I expect Bristol City to improve. They will have the expanded stadium and will pull in the punters and their billionaire owner may put his hands in his pocket more this season. Wednesday will continue to strengthen; Derby have appointed a good manager who will sort out the deadwood whilst making them competitive, and, Forest will be released from FFP restrictions and depending on who they appoint should be stronger than last year unless their basket case owner intends on selling up.

My tips for relegation are Villa, Rotherham and Blackburn.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Last season
I had the Albion finishing sixth so we overachieved. I had one out of Boro and Deby missing out. Derby I think. I did not tip Burnley or Hull but tipped Wednesday as champions. I had Fulham and QPR in the play-offs. I also has Charlton relegated.
So who won the NSC predictions league.... ?.... we got updates to start with... then it just dissappears.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
1. Brighton
2. Norwich
3. Derby
4. Newcastle
5. Sheff Weds
6. Ipswich
7-23. The Rest (except Reading)
24. Reading