Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Marlowe confirmed for REMF 12.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I agree and disagree. Yes it is a fans game but we need to maximise revenue and if a few ex pro's ( 3-4 max ) helps that and increases the crowd and take on the night that cannot be ignored imo. As it is I have a lot of contacts over the years and we have 1 pro confirmed only, Marlowe. I can out out feelers but anyone I could get involved would be subject to Ali Jenkins as it is his team. Hart can't play as he is contracted to Eastbourne Borough anyway. Let me know.

Don't you agree though that Ali should be consulted, if he is to be the team manager, BEFORE you start trying to "sign" players for him?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't you agree though that Ali should be consulted, if he is to be the team manager, BEFORE you start trying to "sign" players for him?

Read the thread. This is what I said but I will leave it then. Just be a spectator this year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I managed to get Ricky Marlowe, Peter Taylor, Simon Rodger and Peter Ward involved so have done my best. I will not get involved this year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who is Ricky Marlowe?

Mid 70's players, Robert Eaton's favourite player and his name for NSC, " Ricky Marlowe's Hairpiece ". Scored 7 in around 28 appearances for BHAFC.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Mid 70's players, Robert Eaton's favourite player and his name for NSC, " Ricky Marlowe's Hairpiece ". Scored 7 in around 28 appearances for BHAFC.

Good grief. I have genuinely never heard of him. I didn't look on google first because I thought it was maybe some local double ZZ list celeb

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I don't want this to turn into a row about who should be told what about someone else's inclusion.

My original comment was a bit tounge in cheek on a thread I saw whilst looking for something else.

Gareth (and everyone else) has done and will continue to do a great job in recruiting ex pro's and spectators to the event. I've already expressed my views but at the end of the day it is about raising money and if they feel that someone will bring in another few hundred quid on the night then that's great.

So far we have 2 confirmed ex pro's involved this year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who is the 2nd ex pro Ali, Paul Rogers ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here