Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Marlowe confirmed for REMF 12.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

He has attended every game since November 2001, REMF 1. Now confirmed for REMF 12 at the age of 61 to play in Robert Eaton's memory with a 900 mile round trip from Edinburgh.

Please attend this game if you can and help to raise thousands of pounds for the REMF, on over £ 120000 so far and counting.

Lewes FC Friday 19/4/13.

Ricky Marlowe :bowdown:

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton

He has attended every game since November 2001, REMF 1. Now confirmed for REMF 12 at the age of 61 to play in Robert Eaton's memory with a 900 mile round trip from Edinburgh.

Please attend this game if you can and help to raise thousands of pounds for the REMF, on over £ 120000 so far and counting.

Lewes FC Friday 19/4/13.

Ricky Marlowe :bowdown:

Ricky is a true legend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Huts will attend and hopefully supply a player as well

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Would love to play in this! Supported the REMF for years!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Any news on Peter Ward ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wardy contacted and awaiting. Other players mooted, Nicky Forster, Gary Hart and Paul Rogers. All subject to the selection of Ali Jenkins, Team Manager.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Do the Ricky Marlowe we use to love watching him, one of my mates used his elbows the same way when playing football his name was Micky Mcloughlin had the same sort of hair cut. He was one of those cult players a bit like John Templeman who shots oftern hit the factory behind the south stand at the Goldstone? It's a great night out do come along its and a good cause.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wardy contacted and awaiting. Other players mooted, Nicky Forster, Gary Hart and Paul Rogers. All subject to the selection of Ali Jenkins, Team Manager.

It's a personal opinion, but I think it's ok to have one or two ex pros.....to have four is not really in the spirit of the game. Palace bring more or less the same team every year and that is terrific for the game.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
It's a personal opinion, but I think it's ok to have one or two ex pros.....to have four is not really in the spirit of the game. Palace bring more or less the same team every year and that is terrific for the game.

I always thought it was a limit of 2 per team with recent exceptions for Wardy? I Share your opinion, Dave.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Agreed.

Its meant to be a fans game, not an ex-pros game.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree and disagree. Yes it is a fans game but we need to maximise revenue and if a few ex pro's ( 3-4 max ) helps that and increases the crowd and take on the night that cannot be ignored imo. As it is I have a lot of contacts over the years and we have 1 pro confirmed only, Marlowe. I can out out feelers but anyone I could get involved would be subject to Ali Jenkins as it is his team. Hart can't play as he is contracted to Eastbourne Borough anyway. Let me know.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The ex-pros bring in a bigger crowd.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually don't think they do.

The crowd we get tends to be the same people every year.

I think the only way that would affect it if there was a bobby Zamora type player where people would come to get autographs, pictures etc.

I think it would be better if we stuck with the original format. But hey what do I know.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I actually don't think they do.

The crowd we get tends to be the same people every year.

I think the only way that would affect it if there was a bobby Zamora type player where people would come to get autographs, pictures etc.

I think it would be better if we stuck with the original format. But hey what do I know.

Wardy added around 100 to the gate I would say but it also the profile and publicity of the event that needs to be considered imo. 2-3 ex pro's helps this and gives gravitas to the event. As I said we are on 1 ex pro as it stands so the format has not changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here