Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Ricky Gervais.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It makes you wonder with ‘woke culture’ how far to the left the left will go before many liberals will start describing themselves as ‘left centrists’.

This comment as I was listening to a speaker at a climate protest today. She tried to tell us all that Climate Change was a "Feminist Issue". Basically because women are effected by it.

The world has gone mad.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
One of my all-time favourite films. And the majority of people I know have never even heard of it.
It's worth watching just for the soundtrack alone.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Will always be an enigma.
Not funny at all in my opinion and constantly throws stones at his peers and gets credit for it.
Good luck to him as he hes been mugging everyone for years.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
He's a lot 'Marmite' but just finished S2 of After Life.

Both Derek and After Life show a talent for empathy and comedy few possess.

The language is filth, but brilliant insight and knowing which heart strings to pull if a little (intentionally?) clichéd at times.

More please.

Stumpy Tim

The language is filth, but brilliant insight and knowing which heart strings to pull if a little (intentionally?) clichéd at times.

More please.

I didn´t like Derek at all, but loved After Life. Watched the first episode of After Life 2, and it´s setting the scene like the first episode of the first series. Looking forward to the rest. Too much focus on the swearing in the previews, and not enough on the social reality of his comedy. It´s very clever and grounded comedy

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

More please.

Thanks for the reminder - forgot this was coming this week.

I think I'll go back and watch season 1 first though, which I binge-watched on release (and I can't recall binge-watching anything else ever) both as a refresher and because it's bloody good.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just binge watched the 2nd series despite vowing to only watch a couple of episodes, it may be clichéd but laugh out loud funny at times and truly life affirming. Loved it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just watched episodes 1 & 2, brilliant, carried on from where series 1 finished
. Absolute class, crude, moving, sensitive and hilarious. I love it.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Will always be an enigma.
Not funny at all in my opinion and constantly throws stones at his peers and gets credit for it.
Good luck to him as he hes been mugging everyone for years.

Not sure how he's mugging people off.. He's a comedian, if people laugh, he's done his job.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I watched SuperNature on Netflix yesterday, and enjoyed it immensely. I don’t doubt it will attract a degree of criticism from some quarters, it quite deliberately provokes, but it’s a good ‘un.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
IMO, RG is comedy perfection when it comes to The Office and Extras - but never really rated him as a stand up. Maybe SuperNature can sway me tho!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fell asleep watching super nature (more to do with my age than a comment on RG).
I am finding his provocative schtick a little too predictable now. Fair dos though, people are still paying him a fortune for it.

Will try and watch the other half at some point.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Big fan of RG, I’ll watch and listen to all he puts out there.
However I wasn’t too impressed with Supernature. A few recycled bits in there and most other bits seemed a little lazy.

Not bad by any means, but definitely not a ‘must watch’ imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here