Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Keogh

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
which might tie in with [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] 'conductor' sauce saying the third signing last week was possibly being hijacked by Newcastle (thats what i understood from the cryptic posts anyway!) - in the Will we singe anyway today thread.

Newcastle just agreed a fee with Anderlecht for CB Chancel Mbemba, fee agreed, terms agreed, just needs a visa.

Could be a replacement for Coloccini though if he signs for "them"

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Ah OK, thought it was strange. His wiki page needs updating. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Keogh
As do 95% of lower league players' pages! Steer well clear of Wiki if you're after appearance stats; Soccerbase, Soccerway, Whoscored, official sites all far more reliable.

As for Keogh, think he'd be a great signing at the right price, despite a wretched second half to last season. Mobile, bags of Championship experience and only 28 still.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
The irony if him and BZ both came to us (*cough* play-off final *cough*)...
Anyway, seems like a decent enough centre-half - an improvement on Greer definitely - albeit not good enough to warrant a significant fee. A bit of an old school defender; due to his age he can make silly mistakes but still has a very astute technique and view on the game, something which I think Greer does not possess. According to some Rams fans though, his leadership skills since that blip in the play-off final have plummeted and a fresh move to a different club could, potentially, benefit him. His experience could help Rea and White too? If the price stays down, this would be quite a good signing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like the sort of player who is generally solid, but who hasn't had a good few months and is in need of a fresh start.

While I'm optimistic about the future (Rea, Dallison etc) in terms of our centre halves, I don't think we can afford to go an entire season with both Greer and Dunk in the position, as both are prone to goal-costing errors. Perhaps Keogh could be the answer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We can't afford anywhere near the 4 million being talked of as a price tag, so maybe this would be a loan ? ???

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If we are going to spend £4m I'd rather it was on a goalscorer than a centre back.

Clean sheets are just as important as goals if we are to be successful this coming season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't understand why anyone would think that Keogh would cost anything like £4million, under any circumstances at all. He wouldn't even cost a quater of that, so can you all stop throwing that ridiculous figure around? It's stupid money at this level, for any player but an aging defender? Ridiculous. Let Middlesbrough and Fulham worry about spending daft money and then hiding it somehow in their books, it's not what we're going to do and clearly that's the right way to go about our business.

Keogh for a realistic price would be a brilliant signing, he's a quality Championship centre back. The squad definitely needs one new centre back, and he'd fit the bill to add more leadership on the pitch as well, something everyone knows we lacked last season, amongst other things.

The way things are going, we're going to need to have an amazing defence to cover for the inability to find the opposition net!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I don't understand why anyone would think that Keogh would cost anything like £4million, under any circumstances at all. He wouldn't even cost a quater of that, so can you all stop throwing that ridiculous figure around?

Derby turned down £2.5m for him last summer.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Let Middlesbrough and Fulham worry about spending daft money and then hiding it somehow in their books, it's not what we're going to do and clearly that's the right way to go about our business.

In these parts, we call that 'lack of ambition'... or sometimes 'tinpot'.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Newcastle, Sunderland and West Bromwich all in for a CB who made Champ team of the season. He's not coming to us. End of.

PG

I wouldn't be so dismissive - I don't think you'll find many Derby fans who think Keogh would be premier league bound, but at the same time few would be surprised if he left for a championship club.

Anything over £1m or so and someone has had their pants pulled down though.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would love him here but still doesn't address the real issues. Unless we can score goals then yesterday's result will once again be the norm. Opposing sides only need one half decent chance against us and it's game over.
Keogh. Yes please although I can't see us affording him.
Winger and a striker with confidence (one who is fit to play would help) essential first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here