Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Keogh

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
He certainly divides opinion, but for £4m I'd give him a backy down here on my grifter. Quick, but not at all commanding, liable to brain freezes. Won't be in our first XI now Shackell is back, I believe we tried to offload him as part of that deal as well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He certainly divides opinion, but for £4m I'd give him a backy down here on my grifter. Quick, but not at all commanding, liable to brain freezes. Won't be in our first XI now Shackell is back, I believe we tried to offload him as part of that deal as well.

Is he still club captain? Mind you, Greer is ours and if Keogh does come I can't see Greer starting for us.

Would be a great signing but hope we're not paying 4 mill for him. 2 - 2.5 tops.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
With Greer another year older, and only youngsters to fill the CB position if he or Dunk get injured, Keogh would be a decent signing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If the figure really is £4M then it's a No from me. Assuming the price is reasonable, then it's a definite Yes!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Is he still club captain? Mind you, Greer is ours and if Keogh does come I can't see Greer starting for us.

Would be a great signing but hope we're not paying 4 mill for him. 2 - 2.5 tops.

Clement hasn't made his mind up yet, but I don't think it will be Keogh again as I don't think he'd be a regular starter. He was skipper under Schteve though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is no way we can afford to spend 4 million on a central defender. No chance.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I tend to agree. If reports are correct McClaren was interested in taking him to Newcastle.

which might tie in with [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] 'conductor' sauce saying the third signing last week was possibly being hijacked by Newcastle (thats what i understood from the cryptic posts anyway!) - in the Will we singe anyway today thread.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't think there is any chance that we will pay £4 million for a 28 year old cb, even if Dunk does leave. Would like to see him here but only if the fee is around half of the one being quoted(or less, obviously).

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I don't think there is any chance that we will pay £4 million for a 28 year old cb, even if Dunk does leave. Would like to see him here but only if the fee is around half of the one being quoted(or less, obviously).

100 per cent this.

He is not worth that and we don't have that to pay. Simple. Just sound like Sunday paper column inch filling BS to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here