[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sheff Utd’s talks over signing Brewster have stalled over the £20m fee.

Despite club income taking a hit with no match day income and 2019/20 rebates to be broadcasters being repaid over the coming months, Villa, Everton and the Blades have discovered magic money trees.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Sheff Utd’s talks over signing Brewster have stalled over the £20m fee.

Despite club income taking a hit with no match day income and 2019/20 rebates to be broadcasters being repaid over the coming months, Villa, Everton and the Blades have discovered magic money trees.

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] explained why on the podcast, but I can't remember what the explanation was. Something about a particular court ruling giving certain clubs the confidence to bend FFP?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] explained why on the podcast, but I can't remember what the explanation was. Something about a particular court ruling giving certain clubs the confidence to bend FFP?

ManC beating UEFA?

Plus on Villa and Everton fora since lockdown, their supporters predicted their clubs as using the chaos to spend even more than the many £100m’s they’ve spent on fees in recent seasons. For example, Everton have a third of Liverpool’s income, just £20m a year more than us, but they’ve spent approaching £600m on transfer fees alone. Generating huge accounts losses, the owners don’t give a jot, as long as they jump ahead of top 6 clubs who’ve got their through genuine income.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Everton are a bit like West Ham. A black hole Club where many decent players disappear and are never seen again.

I'm at a loss at how some of these Club's can afford to do it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Lack of scrutiny, I think it was.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Everton are a bit like West Ham. A black hole Club where many decent players disappear and are never seen again.

I'm at a loss at how some of these Club's can afford to do it.

Everton have two billionaire owners, who don’t give a toss about PL sustainability rules. They’re injecting up to £148m a season to cover transfer fees and player wages they wouldn’t be able to finance from their £188m income. What Wenger called all those years ago “financial doping”.

So when Sky get’s a collective boner about Rodriguez, Allan and Doucoure, and the ‘brilliance’ of Ancelotti, they’ve airbrushed out the relentless spending of Everton way above the true income of a club of that financial status.

Aston Villa are rapidly becoming Everton mark 2. £145m spent last season, £85m this already, with far more to come.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Everton have two billionaire owners, who don’t give a toss about PL sustainability rules. They’re injecting up to £148m a season to cover transfer fees and player wages they wouldn’t be able to finance from their £188m income. What Wenger called all those years ago “financial doping”.

So when Sky get’s a collective boner about Rodriguez, Allan and Doucoure, and the ‘brilliance’ of Ancelotti, they’ve airbrushed out the relentless spending of Everton way above the true income of a club of that financial status.

Aston Villa are rapidly becoming Everton mark 2. £145m spent last season, £85m this already, with far more to come.

It was the main reason I was gutted Villa came up and then by fluke stayed up. Everton call themselves ’the peoples club’ yeah right.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is Zeqiri actually happening? A possible far cheaper alternative.

I’ve followed Brewster’s progression over a period, he is the real deal but still learning, he’d fit in with the quality passing football we now play.

I think Zeqiri will happen personally as Fabrizio Romano says it is. I Totally agree with you re: Brewster. I get the club may be a tad skint in the present circumstances, and maybe for a 3 million euro release fee, Zeqiri may seem a decent punt, but say Brewster was only 5 million down? (for the coming season) that would be incredible value. Id prefer him over Origi regardless and think he will be a better player in years to come.

If we really are that potless due to the Pandemic, cest la vie. but I cant imagine we wouldnt want him

But what an incredible opportunity and a really decent price for his championship strike rate (if true).

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Brewster at a downpayment of £5 million and Sessegnon on loan are absolute no brainers for any club looking to progress.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think Zeqiri will happen personally as Fabrizio Romano says it is. I Totally agree with you re: Brewster. I get the club may be a tad skint in the present circumstances, and maybe for a 3 million euro release fee, Zeqiri may seem a decent punt, but say Brewster was only 5 million down? (for the coming season) that would be incredible value. Id prefer him over Origi regardless and think he will be a better player in years to come.

If we really are that potless due to the Pandemic, cest la vie. but I cant imagine we wouldnt want him

But what an incredible opportunity and a really decent price for his championship strike rate (if true).

Normally a transfer window bedwetter, this time I’m quietly confident that we’ll do more first team squad inwards business.

Receiving £10m for Knockaert, the Stephens and Veltman fees contra, then Lallana’s new wages versus savings from departees Montoya, Duffy, Murray, Mooy and Button .... adds up in my mind that the club are close to a deal or two.

They’re just experts at secrecy.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Normally a transfer window bedwetter, this time I’m quietly confident that we’ll do more first team squad inwards business.

Receiving £10m for Knockaert, the Stephens and Veltman fees contra, then Lallana’s new wages versus savings from departees Montoya, Duffy, Murray, Mooy and Button .... adds up in my mind that the club are close to a deal or two.

They’re just experts at secrecy.

Hope you're right bud.

Ive gone from being totally optimistic that we'd get a decent striker and LWB minimum to being resigned to fact we may well get nobody except cheap punts or just going with what we have.
If something as you suggest happens it will be a massive surprise and bonus territory, but given the present financial difficulties I am not expecting it anymore.

Being Albion its always more hope than expectation!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hope you're right bud.

Ive gone from being totally optimistic that we'd get a decent striker and LWB minimum to being resigned to fact we may well get nobody except cheap punts or just going with what we have.
If something as you suggest happens it will be a massive surprise and bonus territory, but given the present financial difficulties I am not expecting it anymore.

Over recent years looking at our journey on and off the pitch, I think the club are delivering most of the time.

Shrewd operators too, look at the colossal transfer gaffs by Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, CP and Villa.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
He does seem very good value at that price vs Wilson or Watkins. Hard to know why we wouldn’t be interested. Maybe we either just don’t have the money, or he isn’t what Potter wants? The buy back clause could be putting us off as well I guess.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Hope you're right bud.

Strange, I have a feeling we'll sign Brewster, Zeqiri and Sessngon :banana:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we can assume that their are a few obstacles in his transfer to Sheffield United, as this has been going on for a while now. Hopefully Albion are the proverbial fly in the ointment

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
He does seem very good value at that price vs Wilson or Watkins. Hard to know why we wouldn’t be interested. Maybe we either just don’t have the money, or he isn’t what Potter wants? The buy back clause could be putting us off as well I guess.

I agree with you about a Brewster deal, I think that if Liverpool are insisting on inserting a buy back clause that Brighton won't want to get involved.
They want to be able to control their own destiny when it comes to future trading with assets they hold.

If they could just buy Brewster I reckon Brighton would be able to offer more than Sheffield United up front.

But then again, I haven't got a clue and I'm just guessing like everyone else based on manipulative media leaks.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Everton are being ‘sponsored’ by a Uzbekh billionaire oligarch Alisher Usmanov (and pal of Putin) in the form of naming rights options for their newest stadium that has yet to be given planning permission to the tune of about £35 million.

This satisfies FFP under the rules. Everton’s actual owner, Farhad Moshiri, purely by an amazing coincidence, who used to be Usmanov’s accountant.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Everton are being ‘sponsored’ by a Ukrainian billionaire oligarch Alisher Usmanov (and pal of Putin) in the form of naming rights options for their new stadium that has yet to be given planning permission to the tune of about £35 million.

This satisfies FFP under the rules. Everton’s actual owner, Farhad Moshiri, purely by an amazing coincidence, Used to be Usmanov’s accountant.

Soon we’ll need to change FFP with FFS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports