Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Being widely reported SU have gone back in with new improved perm bid.

17 million with 40 million buy back. That sounds like a cracking piece of business, and I guess we'd be all over it without covid?

17 million for a championship strike rate like Maupay or Watkins (from someone younger). Is cheap.

He's worth that to resell to a championship club if he's not hugely prolific in the PL. If he is, 40 million is s very tidy profit (from which his goals would have propelled you up the league).

A great deal imho.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Being widely reported SU have gone back in with new improved perm bid.

17 million with 40 million buy back. That sounds like a cracking piece of business, and I guess we'd be all over it without covid?

17 million for a championship strike rate like Maupay or Watkins (from someone younger). Is cheap.

He's worth that to resell to a championship club if he's not hugely prolific in the PL. If he is, 40 million is s very tidy profit (from which his goals would have propelled you up the league).

A great deal imho.

Agreed, a deal I would be happy with if we did it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
9B1B7DBC-C208-4F43-9F7A-6D7A61CAA051.png

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Can only assume either he’s not a player Potter wants, we don’t like the buy back, we don’t have the money or he doesn’t want to come here. As agree with others, that sounds like a pretty good deal for a good player with proven Champ hit rate and who will only get better.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
From The Athletic:

Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster is on the cusp of completing a £23.5 million move to Sheffield United, reveals David Ornstein. The Athletic understands Brewster travelled to South Yorkshire on Thursday evening ahead of a medical and to finalise terms. He will complete that on Friday before signing for Chris Wilder’s side. Liverpool will have a 15 per cent sell-on clause and hold a buy-back clause that is valid for three years.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s madness to accept a buy back and a sell on, hope they read the small print and don’t have to pay a sell on if they sell back to Liverpool !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Pretty happy with that, as we have a number of players in that position and 23 million for a player with no experience? Not for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
A loan would have been one thing but for us to have an an outlay like that would have been one gamble too far.
I am not too sure about these buy back options - if a club still have such an interest in a player, doesn’t it feel a bit dodgy?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This is Solanke to Bournemouth all over again. I suspect it won't end well.

I had watched Solanke a few times before he went to Bournemouth, he was totally shit from the start. If he had been loaned to a Championship club first, Bournemouth would have known not to touch him until they themselves were relegated. Brewster showed more potential in the Championship than Solanke has done in general. Brewster is definitely better than Solanke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here