Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Think a lot of us wanted this lad, but clearly hasn’t impressed at Sheff Utd as rarely starts, and don’t think he’s scored a goal yet?! Liverpool had such high opinion of him and he scored in their pre season a fair bit and u23s etc. So is it confidence? Doesn’t suit their style?

The question is, if they go down and we went in for him, would you like a punt on him? Got a touch of the Solanke about it - who has hit 10 for Bmuff this season and may have been worth a punt...

It will be stalemate.
After shelling out so much, Sheff won’t sell him cheaply.
No-one will be willing to give them their money back..
Webster is their AJ.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think a lot of us wanted this lad, but clearly hasn’t impressed at Sheff Utd as rarely starts, and don’t think he’s scored a goal yet?! Liverpool had such high opinion of him and he scored in their pre season a fair bit and u23s etc. So is it confidence? Doesn’t suit their style?

The question is, if they go down and we went in for him, would you like a punt on him? Got a touch of the Solanke about it - who has hit 10 for Bmuff this season and may have been worth a punt...

I think Brewster is better than he has been "allowed" to be in Sheffield, their "style" of play fits him badly and I dont know about Wilders ability with young players, he seems to be able to get the best out of the experienced warrior kind of player but most of their young signings like McBurnie, Berge and Brewster dont seem to be getting anywhere in their development.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Brewster has scored as many premier league goals as me in eighteen more games. Who's the better player? That's not for me to say.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The problem with Sheff Utd is that they just don’t create many chances, they only scored 39 goals in 38 games last season, that’s the same amount as we scored. I’m not saying he’s the answer, not would I necessarily want Bloom to lash a load of cash on him, but I’m quietly confident that he’s have scored a decent amount of he was part of our attack.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The only striker I'd have from Sheffield United is McGoldrick. He'd offer us experience and something a bit different to what we have.

In recent games he's been playing as a pivot. Taking up good, deep positions, winning everything in the air and playing it out wide before making the run into the box. It struck me as a good way to get up the pitch. Potentially something BDB could do of course, but perhaps isn't as natural a finisher.

If they go down I think he'd be a useful addition.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It also goes to show how hard it is to make it in the Premier League as a striker without playing at a lower level first. He had a good spell at Swansea but believed he was a Premier League player already. Solanke was poor in the Premier League but is scoring the odd goal in the Championship. Tammy Abraham had a good season in the Championship before having a go at Chelsea.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Rhian Brewster will have a really good career in the Premier League

He doesn't have the know how, experience or maturity to fire a struggling side who can't create chances to safety in the PL yet.

In 3 - 5 years he will be banging them in ... but it will probably take that long. This is normal for top level strikers. Only the exceptional score goals before they are in their mid 20's

Agree with those saying, we've already taken our long term punts

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The only striker I'd have from Sheffield United is McGoldrick. He'd offer us experience and something a bit different to what we have.

In recent games he's been playing as a pivot. Taking up good, deep positions, winning everything in the air and playing it out wide before making the run into the box. It struck me as a good way to get up the pitch. Potentially something BDB could do of course, but perhaps isn't as natural a finisher.

If they go down I think he'd be a useful addition.

We need better.

We can't score as it is

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Brewster is better than he has been "allowed" to be in Sheffield, their "style" of play fits him badly and I dont know about Wilders ability with young players, he seems to be able to get the best out of the experienced warrior kind of player but most of their young signings like McBurnie, Berge and Brewster dont seem to be getting anywhere in their development.

Good point.

I always thought McBurnie would have been a good fit for us. I would have liked Brewster, but assuming we may make a signing in the Summer, where would he fit? No better than Connolly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good point.

I always thought McBurnie would have been a good fit for us. I would have liked Brewster, but assuming we may make a signing in the Summer, where would he fit? No better than Connolly.

I wouldnt mind seeing McBurnie in Brighton as I like him as a character, he is very open and funny and someone who seems to make his teammates happy etc. And he got interesting attributes with his physicality and (prior to Sheffield) decent goal record. At the same time, he had some pretty dire games in Swansea and didnt seem to have the technical ability to play as the target player you'd imagine he would be and gradually Potter dropped him from target player duties and used him more as a poacher, something that is rarely enough to make in the PL these days.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally I don't think there is a player owned by any one of the 3 current relegation spot teams who would improve our starting 11.

There is an argument that Decordova would be decent cover if we're struggling to get Solly fit and Karbo up to speed

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would be an expensive punt seeing as they just spent £20m on him ???

Don’t think punt has to be cheap????? Also, there’s the loan system with loan fees...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Personally I don't think there is a player owned by any one of the 3 current relegation spot teams who would improve our starting 11.

There is an argument that Decordova would be decent cover if we're struggling to get Solly fit and Karbo up to speed

I think that's far too simplistic a view. We'd change our first 11 to target the opposition's perceived weakness. It's not as simple as saying 'Our first 11 > their first 11'.

Are you saying, Areola, Cairney, Loftus-Cheek, Lookman, Egan, Fleck, Lundstram, Berge, McBurnie, Snodgrass, Maitland-Niles, Pereira wouldn't be useful additions?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The only 3 there who would be decent signings are Loftus Cheek, Lookman and Maitland Niles.

All of whom are on loan (I did use the term owned in my previous post)

I don't think we should be looking to sign any of the others you mentioned. Not that there aren't some decent players there. We're not short of numbers. We've got 29 first team players and more than a dozen out on loan. What we're short of is a real difference maker, at least as good as we've got in our first team. I don't see anyone there who fits that description.

Failing that, a young prospect with room for improvement. Only really Brewster from the soon to be relegated sides has that room to improve

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
The only 3 there who would be decent signings are Loftus Cheek, Lookman and Maitland Niles.

All of whom are on loan (I did use the term owned in my previous post)

I don't think we should be looking to sign any of the others you mentioned. Not that there aren't some decent players there. We're not short of numbers. We've got 29 first team players and more than a dozen out on loan. What we're short of is a real difference maker, at least as good as we've got in our first team. I don't see anyone there who fits that description.

Failing that, a young prospect with room for improvement. Only really Brewster from the soon to be relegated sides has that room to improve

Totally agree with you.

If we sign anyone else,it has got to be someone capable of improving the starting eleven.No more squad players please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here