Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
NAILER is fed what the club want to feed him

He’s a goon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I agree with you, seems odd that we wouldn’t have a better chance then Sheff Utd of landing Brewster. And how can they have a better wage then us?

Optimistic view, we have other, better targets incoming.

Pessimistic: we’re still an unfashionable club. Our progress hasn’t been fully recognised by the mainstream and they still see us as a Hughton team. That will change soon hopefully.

Not sure about the unfashionable bit. I think you might be right from a players perspective but as far as most other fans are concerned (the ones I’ve met over the years anyway) our town is seen as vibrant and fashionable, we’re sponsored by a cool brand rather than “Daves tyres” or some shit in Korean. We’re soooo cool it hurts mate.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If we are actually interested (which we were according to Naylor) I wonder what the issue is/was?

Feels like we have so many positives and a good relationship with Liverpool.

Also Sheffield United isn't a bigger club with massive presence online.

Maybe some aspect of the deal we couldn't guarantee? Like playing time? Perhaps we are intent on bringing in two strikers before the window is up?

His goal scoring record is superb.
And the fact that his specialty appears to be long shots would certainly be helpful to a team who is unable to pass their way through that last quarter of the pitch.
I wonder how he would have fared against Nunez, statistically, in that analysis of all strikers across the European second tier divisions. He didn't play a whole season, but still.

Yes, I too wonder why he chose to sign for the team who finished higher than us in the league season in a City ~200 miles closer to where he currently lives.

Nope, no idea. It's a mystery. After all, we've signed an out of contract player from Liverpool recently so we should have had the edge here.

:rolleyes:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, I too wonder why he chose to sign for the team who finished higher than us in the league season in a City ~200 miles closer to where he currently lives.

Nope, no idea. It's a mystery. After all, we've signed an out of contract player from Liverpool recently so we should have had the edge here.

:rolleyes:

Have you ever been to Sheffield?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Have you ever been to Sheffield?

Yep, some rough parts, some nice parts. Although Premier League footballers probably live in a very nice little town/village 15-20 miles away so it doesn't matter to them one jot. Stunning countryside a stone's throw away. In those regards pretty similar to Brighton.

Just makes me laugh, SimpKingPin was one of the chief bellends banging on about how deluded Leeds fans were, but now can't fathom why somebody would rather sign for a bigger club, who finished above us in the league last season 200+ miles closer to where he currently lives. It's a staggering lack of self-awareness.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Yep, some rough parts, some nice parts. Although Premier League footballers probably live in a very nice little town/village 15-20 miles away so it doesn't matter to them one jot. Stunning countryside a stone's throw away. In those regards pretty similar to Brighton.

Just makes me laugh, SimpKingPin was one of the chief bellends banging on about how deluded Leeds fans were, but now can't fathom why somebody would rather sign for a bigger club, who finished above us in the league last season 200+ miles closer to where he currently lives. It's a staggering lack of self-awareness.

I don't think I deserve that aggression tbh.

I had a question, that's all.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

How are Sheffield Utd a bigger club than us?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not sure about the unfashionable bit. I think you might be right from a players perspective but as far as most other fans are concerned (the ones I’ve met over the years anyway) our town is seen as vibrant and fashionable, we’re sponsored by a cool brand rather than “Daves tyres” or some shit in Korean. We’re soooo cool it hurts mate.

Fair comment.. I think we are going to be turning the tide of public perception but it’ll take a while. Whilst Hughton did a great job keeping us up, it’s unquestionably left a mark on our brand. Many neutrals still think we play that way.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
How are Sheffield Utd a bigger club than us?

They have spent far longer in the top league, won a lot more, have averaged higher attendance in their history and also finished above us. Similar manager in terms of giving anyone a chance.

The only things we have more than them is a bit more cash and a nice place to live.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
They have spent far longer in the top league, won a lot more, have averaged higher attendance in their history and also finished above us. Similar manager in terms of giving anyone a chance.

The only things we have more than them is a bit more cash and a nice place to live.

I’m not even sure the more cash bit is true, aren’t they owned by a Saudi Prince?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, many times. City is ok, but peak District on doorstep is breathtaking

City is a dump. But, yes, outside city is magnificent. I lived there for a few months.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Some interesting and positive comments on Liverpool's message board RedandWhiteKop

"Would be quite pleased if the next step in his progression is to a side like Brighton. Potter is a good manager and isn't afraid to give youth a chance and he's trying to morph that Brighton team into one that plays pretty attractive football.

Villa I'd be content with, Newcastle and especially Roy Hodgson's Palace can piss off."

"Brewster is doing very well and in my eyes, shown enough to suggest he's a viable long term possibility. I think a loan to a Premier League club who'd guarantee him solid minutes would suit him well personally, but given the schedule it'd maybe be wiser to keep him around.

I just can't help but thinking a loan to Brighton would be fantastic, given they haven't loads of forward options (Murray and Locadia aren't going to get minutes) and Maupay does the most passable Firmino impression in the league, in regards to what he's asked to do by Potter. You could say why learn from a Firmino-lite when he can learn from the man himself, but I reckon he gets 2,000+ league minutes for Brighton and I'd be surprised if he got half that here really."

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340149.1960

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
4 FA Cup Wins & a top flight title (admittedly a very, very long time ago)
62 seasons in the top flight compared to our 8
Bigger Crowds
Bigger global reach.

In what ways are Sheffield United not a bigger club than us?

I’m not sure any of that is relevant to a young player tbh. It’s all ancient history as you say.

I don’t see much of a gap between us and Sheff Utd. Yes they finished higher last season, but that’s one season. They finished higher then Everton too.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Some interesting and positive comments on Liverpool's message board RedandWhiteKop

"Would be quite pleased if the next step in his progression is to a side like Brighton. Potter is a good manager and isn't afraid to give youth a chance and he's trying to morph that Brighton team into one that plays pretty attractive football.

Villa I'd be content with, Newcastle and especially Roy Hodgson's Palace can piss off."

"Brewster is doing very well and in my eyes, shown enough to suggest he's a viable long term possibility. I think a loan to a Premier League club who'd guarantee him solid minutes would suit him well personally, but given the schedule it'd maybe be wiser to keep him around.

I just can't help but thinking a loan to Brighton would be fantastic, given they haven't loads of forward options (Murray and Locadia aren't going to get minutes) and Maupay does the most passable Firmino impression in the league, in regards to what he's asked to do by Potter. You could say why learn from a Firmino-lite when he can learn from the man himself, but I reckon he gets 2,000+ league minutes for Brighton and I'd be surprised if he got half that here really."

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340149.1960

Exactly. We are too down on ourselves, we have a lot to offer a young player and now have a little connection with Pool as well as Klopp being full of praise for our club and GP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports