Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reyes & Harper...do you want them back?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Reyes a big yes, for the flair as much as the quality, but Harper, meh. Aside from the relocation of the family, and the wages etc etc, I felt like I was the only one not wanking myself silly over him. Sure, he came for crosses better than Ankergren, but his shot-stopping was pretty much the same and his distribution was just punting it long, Watford being the prime example when in all honesty we should've asked for our sodding money back. Seems like we solved one problem but created another. If a new keeper is needed (which seems to be a discussion point in itself), there are plenty of keepers who come for crosses but don't feel the need to hump it miles up the pitch every time they get it. I don't think a keeper (unless it's a loan in Jan) will be on the radar until the summer anyway, when I can see Gus dropping Casper to no2 and spending proper money on a new no1.

This

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I'd say Yes to both; Reyes definitely, but it's interesting to read the opinions about why Harper shouldn't come back - I felt that he was quite secure.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
both please but dont give Reyes a car.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Both of them are better options than what we have got in those positions so yes and yes

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't see how we can afford to pay Prem players to sit on the bench. Surely better to pay the money for first teamers as we have plenty of good bench options within the existing squad.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I didn't say we couldn't afford Prem players, just not in the first team AND on the bench. Reading's £30K per week one year deal for Bridge blew us out of the water, 2 years at £20k might have got him, i.e Vicente's contract (who we no longer have to pay for). I think that's a marker things maybe tighter than we might otherwise expect.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No to Harper as he would demand high wages and would be no 2 and no to Reyes as I think he is a bit of a liability and we should be trying to clean up our act, not sure he is a team player and injury prone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No to Harper as he would demand high wages and would be no 2 and no to Reyes as I think he is a bit of a liability and we should be trying to clean up our act, not sure he is a team player and injury prone.

Sardinepuff has been trolling old Reyes threads from over a year ago. The question is irrelevant now. We already have 3 keepers.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I'm pretty sure Harper has retired. :lolol:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I didn't say we couldn't afford Prem players, just not in the first team AND on the bench. Reading's £30K per week one year deal for Bridge blew us out of the water, 2 years at £20k might have got him, i.e Vicente's contract (who we no longer have to pay for). I think that's a marker things maybe tighter than we might otherwise expect.

But this is from 2011?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
TSB - have your heard of Financial Fair Play? You can't lose £8 million every season any more, otherwise you have a transfer embargo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This summer is all about bringing in two or three quality signings, whilst saving where we can.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Not that I'm disagreeing with you on the whole but how on earth can you make a claim like that? You've no idea what a) our budget is or b) how much Harper would require to up sticks down here.

Oh and what an odd bounce!?! Do you think Sardinepuff is Reyes? Or his agent?

Didn't he go to Forest?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here