Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reyes & Harper...do you want them back?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Can't see Harper leaving Newcastle but not bothered either way if he does come back.

Would have to take Reyes on loan for a while to see if he can sort his head out. Certainly a good enough player though.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Both great players that would strengthen our squad.
Reyes bit of a risk as I think he may well get a bit of stir for his driving while disqualified.

I would love to see Reyes back. There is absolutely NO chance of him going to prison. He could be given a suspended sentence but even that would be most unlikely. Probably a large fine and a community order.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Would love to have both back but as said before Harper is probably a no go.
As with Reyes, would like to get him in as I think he is a great defender and brings something different to our game.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Reyes a big yes, for the flair as much as the quality, but Harper, meh. Aside from the relocation of the family, and the wages etc etc, I felt like I was the only one not wanking myself silly over him. Sure, he came for crosses better than Ankergren, but his shot-stopping was pretty much the same and his distribution was just punting it long, Watford being the prime example when in all honesty we should've asked for our sodding money back. Seems like we solved one problem but created another. If a new keeper is needed (which seems to be a discussion point in itself), there are plenty of keepers who come for crosses but don't feel the need to hump it miles up the pitch every time they get it. I don't think a keeper (unless it's a loan in Jan) will be on the radar until the summer anyway, when I can see Gus dropping Casper to no2 and spending proper money on a new no1.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Was told the other day by a Baggies regular that we are in talks with the club for Reyes.

Did wonder about Cudicini for a possible loan target?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would love to have Jara back as he is class. Dont think that Harper is that much better than Ankergren so would like to keep Casper and then look again in the summer for an experienced man to be no 1.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
A big fat yes!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Did I hear correctly we sent Harper back because we wanted to free up his wages to bring in Paynter? :facepalm:

Or was that just some horrible nightmare I had? :moo:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Harper: a big No!

Reyes: appreciate the quality, but central midfield is our prime concern.

I would like to see Crofts, Elliott, Murray back (wish they hadn't left). And I would prefer Cook to stay.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'd have Reyes back any time, but I'm not sure on Harper.

I can see us going for a Joe Lewis type of keeper. Shame Peterbrough won't do business in the January window...............................................

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hav a major concern over Reyes attitude ...if its correct wife n kids r bak in south American tht would go someway to explaining it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here