Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reverse Sexist Xmas Thread

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Are people complaining because they think that sexism towards men is unacceptable or because they want to be sexist towards women and get away with it?

For me it is the hypocrisy of (some) feminism. If we want to move towards gender equality then they way to eradicate patriarchy is not to give carte blance sexism towards males.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Why is it OK that ITV (not their issue but the advertiser) have just shown an ad showing how cool it would be to give a man a 'split handle screwdriver set', but if I gave my wife an iron she would get the raving arse? :lol:

Post your examples here please.

Men like screwing duh!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Reverse sexism in advertising has long been a bit of a bug bear with me.

Can you imagine the sh!tstorm it would create if an advert came on tv where a bunch of young men in an office all legged it to the window at 11:30 whilst drinking a can of diet coke* to watch a scantily clad female walk past their office.

* other fizzy drinks are available

What some people don't understand (not saying you, but you mentioned the Coke advert) is that it isn't feminists that make these adverts, it's the same advertising big wigs that make sexist adverts geared towards men, all they see is money and they exploit every chance they can to make more money.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
What some people don't understand (not saying you, but you mentioned the Coke advert) is that it isn't feminists that make these adverts, it's the same advertising big wigs that make sexist adverts geared towards men, all they see is money and they exploit every chance they can to make more money.

no idea what a feminist actually is in 2016, but I agree with the last bit. An advert I thought was outrageously sexist was the one with two lads, then one's mum turns up and the implication is she screwed her son's mate. No idea what the ad was for, but imagine that in reverse

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Does any of this really matter though? Seems to me that a lot of people (men) who get so overly flouncy about a few adverts are the same ones who would be the first to slag off the "hand wringing, politically correct lefties" when it's pointed out that someone was being say, completely racist or homophobic. "There's an advert that objectifies men, call for a policeman!".

Calm down dear.

I remember having this conversation (re the diet coke adverts) with mates when I was much younger and things like that seemed like they were worth worrying about. But then you realise that, as a bloke, you really do have an easy ride in life compared to women and a few "sexist" adverts are totally irrelevant.

I also came to the conclusion that a lot of men getting offended by the diet coke advert are just feeling jealous and threatened by the idea that women drool over good looking blokes. You know, the same as we all do over women all the time.

The playing field is in no way level lads. Stop being such sensitive flowers.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
are the same ones who would be the first to slag off the "hand wringing, politically correct lefties"

It is a bit of fun for heaven's sake, but you wouldn't understand that as you are high up on the list of the above.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It is a bit of fun for heaven's sake, but you wouldn't understand that as you are high up on the list of the above.
I'd like to see your evidence for this. Other than me pointing out that you often make a total dick of yourself when you post political nonsense on here that is. [emoji6]

A bit of fun, OK mate.... I was having a bit of fun pointing out the blatant hypocrisy in bedwetting over some adverts. All seems a bit, pathetic?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here