Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Returning Loanees

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just to waffle a bit: whenever I saw Antef Tsoungui playing for the U21s he always looked like one of the better players on the pitch. Question imho is not if he's a decent player but if he fits our team and system.
If he goes, he goes, I suppose. Would have liked to see how he got on with an EFL loan though.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The problem we have, and it's a great problem to have, is that RDZ has taken us to another level both in terms of playing style and ambition so a lot of these youngsters are simply not going to make it here (and it was difficult enough before). When you're signing Argentina U20 no 10s and full international 18/19 year olds you realise the step up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Zeqiri and Karbownik have performed very well in the loans. However, both have been playing at Championship level (or below) and have purchase options as part of their deals. I doubt we’ll see these two back.
Agreed, l have my doubts as to whether any of the OP's list are up to playing in the Premier League yet, or at all.

The two possible exceptions for me are Koslowski and Steven Alzate, (wsho obviously has already performed pretty well for us at Premier League level), and the sort of player who l think DeZerbi could get a lot out of.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Random predictions

I have a sneaking suspicion that Turns will impress in pre season and be given a squad place.

I also have a guess that Alzate will look incredible in pre season and be farmed out somewhere again much to everyone's confusion.

Rushworth I think will be given his chance to play some cup games for us next season.

Karbo seems to be making a late charge. It will depend on his contractual position.

Sima, Khadra, Connolly Scherpen, and a good few of the other youngsters to leave the club

I was thinking the other day, if we can't get Colwill back, Turns could have a chance of being in the squad as the left footed CB cover.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Hayden Roberts just confirmed on Instagram he’s leaving us after the end of his contract - 1st June.
Not a massive surprise really. Not really torn up trees at Derby this season. We’ve moved on but he hasn’t sadly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hayden Roberts just confirmed on Instagram he’s leaving us after the end of his contract - 1st June.
Not a massive surprise really. Not really torn up trees at Derby this season. We’ve moved on but he hasn’t sadly.
It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. Not sure his conduct has been the best and while he had a pretty good season at Derby (mainly out of position) he is 21 now

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
None of these are unknown South American wunderkidz.

Get rid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here