Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurant thread 2023

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bajan Jerk Box @ Lost+Found

Lost+Found taproom at Fiveways (Village) have ‘street food’ (food) vans outside for the summer. It’s good. Bajan Jerk Box do various events and cater weddings, which would go down brilliantly on this evidence. They’d run out of jerk chicken by the time I’d got there but the goat curry was excellent, made my face sweat in all the right places. Excellent plantain too. 12.50 for goat curry is good value considering I was stuffed last night and am enjoying it for breakfast as I type.

8.8/10
@Biffer will be delighted to read this.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Lost+Found taproom at Fiveways (Village) have ‘street food’ (food) vans outside for the summer. It’s good. Bajan Jerk Box do various events and cater weddings, which would go down brilliantly on this evidence. They’d run out of jerk chicken by the time I’d got there but the goat curry was excellent, made my face sweat in all the right places. Excellent plantain too. 12.50 for goat curry is good value considering I was stuffed last night and am enjoying it for breakfast as I type.

8.8/10
A much underrated meat is goat, particularly kid, popular in much of Europe, although for some reason not easy to find in the UK.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

8.8/10

I think these are the same guys that did a popup at BRZN Brewery on Beaconsfield Road last week. The goat curry was great, beer is excellent there as well!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Pork and seafood is a winning combo but never have I tried sardines and pork together. I'll have to give that a go. What cut of pork was it?

Pig and seafood recommendations:

Mussels with nduja
Squid stuffed with morcilla/black pudding
Bacon/pancetta/guanciale with anything from the sea
Pork belly and prawns
Cod/hake/monkfish with chorizo
Clams with sausage/chorizo/nduja/any pork basically
Shrimp paste in any pork curry

The possibilities are endless 🐷 🐙🦑🦐🦞🦀🐟

I've suddenly got a hankering for a pork and prawn banh xeo

I was watching an old episode of MasterChef The Professionals on a flight the other day and a dish of turbot with chicken sauce piqued my interest. Google turned this up https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/marchand-de-vin-sauce-turbot-recipe

Sounds good but shame he skimped on the wine.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No review as I'm not sure how useful it'd be for Sussex residents but below is a selection of what I ate in 48-hours in Toulouse. Obviously, French food has a solid rep but I'd slept on it until now, being an Asiaphile when it comes to food, and also having lived in Italy and Spain. I'm a convert to the joys of French cooking now though. I mean, I knew it was good but now I'm fully convinced🗼

20230702_193813-ANIMATION.gif

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dr Zian (bacon and blue cheese) cooked medium.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With pickle backs
0284D37C-E78C-4715-A00F-DB74AA5363DD.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No review as I'm not sure how useful it'd be for Sussex residents but below is a selection of what I ate in 48-hours in Toulouse. Obviously, French food has a solid rep but I'd slept on it until now, being an Asiaphile when it comes to food, and also having lived in Italy and Spain. I'm a convert to the joys of French cooking now though. I mean, I knew it was good but now I'm fully convinced🗼

View attachment 162998
Nice. I love Fench cooking. Did I see some bone marrow flash past?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You sure did. That was ordered and eaten within an hour of getting off the plane 😄
Good work! I do love bone marrow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Check out the recipe I posted above. Turbot, red wine and chicken stock sauce, garnished with bone marrow. Magnifique.
Good Lord! I mean, it looks magnificent but three bottles of Bordeaux just for a sauce. A water bath? Do I look like @Goldstone1976 ???

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here