Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2013

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Crescent road!!!

Quite funny really. Had forgotten about this suggestion, but apparently our regular restaurant crowd have booked into this place next month. Have heard elsewhere it is really good - certainly an interesting menu - we'll see, but looking forward to it.

Worthing eateries recommended:

For a posh dinner - Crescent Road Cafe - Awesome menu updated monthly. Very intimate, not too bad on the pocket.

Good Italian food - Giuseppes, Anne Street (used to be Toto) - Massive portions of traditional Italian fair. Friendly and well priced.

Sylvan Oak - Nice out of town restaurant - Fresh local produce, bit slow at service sometimes, but very good

Curry - Shafiques - Great food, well priced, friendly, perfect curry house

Anyone remember Baloos by Goring gap?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Worthing eateries recommended:

For a posh dinner - Crescent Road Cafe - Awesome menu updated monthly. Very intimate, not too bad on the pocket.

Good Italian food - Giuseppes, Anne Street (used to be Toto) - Massive portions of traditional Italian fair. Friendly and well priced.

Sylvan Oak - Nice out of town restaurant - Fresh local produce, bit slow at service sometimes, but very good

Curry - Shafiques - Great food, well priced, friendly, perfect curry house

Anyone remember Baloos by Goring gap?

That'd pretty much be my list too! Although Giuseppes needs a few more tries, but Italian takes a lot to impress me.

Baloos used to be my summer holiday treat from my mum! A huge lunch there with friends.

Also, there is a pub in Findon village, by the Indian restaurant, that does AMAZING Thai food for a pub. Check that out. Big portions too.

I've been to Giuseppes so many times I've lost count, always fantastic, never any issues and they do an awesome steak too. Get it from some dude in Argentina.

Shafiques, again, wouldn't go elsewhere. North side of Goring Road, thats the one!

I live 5 mins from Baloos and stupidly did not make the most of it when it was there and I kick myself. Perfect setting, fresh fish, within walking distance too.

Apparently there is a Spanish restaurant in Ferring, meant to be very good, Andalusia I think?

I think the Gun in Findon came third in the Daily Mail's Sunday Roast poll. Been there a few times and quite rightly the Sunday Roasts are awesome!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently there is a Spanish restaurant in Ferring, meant to be very good, Andalusia I think?

I think the Gun in Findon came third in the Daily Mail's Sunday Roast poll. Been there a few times and quite rightly the Sunday Roasts are awesome!

Andalucia is amazing. Being refurbed at the moment, but VERY good Spanish + Tapas. Local run, small family place. Amazing.

The Gun is also great, lovely beers, great roast. Rest of menu not always great value for money, but nice in the summer

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Four good Indians in Seaford, you just can't go wrong. Moon of India is probably the best value.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Andalucia is amazing. Being refurbed at the moment, but VERY good Spanish + Tapas. Local run, small family place. Amazing.

The Gun is also great, lovely beers, great roast. Rest of menu not always great value for money, but nice in the summer

Went to the Andalucia a few months back, a good neighborhood restaurant, I would say.

Revisited La Choza tonight, having been disappointed with the sloppy service last time I went. No problems tonight, a great choice for informal Mexican street food. :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shafiques is the one by Wallace Avenue shops, yes ? On the North side of the road. Was there a few weeks back, seemed to be ok, would go back.

I went to Shafiques a few years back after hearing so many good reports and it was remarkable average.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Went to Bon Appetito on the corner of Palmeria Square last week - very very poor !

Starters weren't bad but the mains were pretty bad - seemed like the chef thought he was cooking curry with the amount of chilli in the dishes ! Only 3 other people in the restaurant the whole time we were there which I guess says everything. Given there's at least four better Italians within walking distance I guess they won't be there very much longer. 3/10

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I went to the Giggling Squid yesterday, which has been recommended by a few on here.

Very, very good and great value for money. For £10.50 I got a set meal of:salt and pepper chilli squid, beef salad, chicken massuman curry and jasmine rice. It was all really nice and they weren't stingy

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Regarding Bon Appetitos in Hove, I've heard they aren't so good, but They've been there ages though.

The one in Burgess Hill is very good. One of the best meals I've ever had.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Here's a good new one for you Thai lovers.
'I Love Thai' recently opened in Matlock Road. Tried it a couple of times and it gets a big thumbs up. Limited menu but very quick service and free delivery. Reasonably priced.
Only problem is the coconut rice which tasted so little like coconut I think they must have sent plain rice instead.
8/10 from me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Went to Goodmans in Canary Wharf the other day for a business lunch. I really like it here as its not stuffy, is very good food, and a nice setting. Much preferred to stuffy Gauchos. Excellent lunch menu, a selection of most cuts (Sirloin, Ribeye, Fillet) in different sizes, basically with free chips and sauce. So between £18-£30. Excellent sides, and I don't normally like chips, but these were nice crispy, fat steak chips and I ate them all ! Their stilton sauce is very nice, its more of a gravy, with lumps of stilton.

Only thing is the beer selection has been reduced, just 1 bottle (some Estonian lager), but Greenwich Meantime Lager on tap.

Recommended, and a very consistent 7.5/10 for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here