Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2011

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Went to Days for lunch the other day with a Malaysian fellow of my acquaintance who heartily recommended it. Had never heard of Days before, turns out its on the site of the old ABC Cinema. Mightily impressed have to say; it's £8.95 all you can eat for lunch (£12.95 for dinner) and there's a choice of 100 and 250 dishes respectively! Quality selection of speciality dishes from Malaysia, Thailand, Japan etc. The dessert selection was a bit sparse and easily skipped, but the place was heaving, with many Asian parties present which I'm thinking is as good a recommendation as any I could make. Worth going to take a look at the decor alone!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Has Havana Spoon been created in anticipation of Premiership footballers plying their trade and living in Brighton?

I think that's where the players ended up after the parade. :)

We went to Otello's that evening which was OK, kids liked it = 6.5 out of 10

And last weekend I went to a hen party at Al Duomo's which was OK again, forgot to give us our veg with fish & meat dishes till we had eaten half of it (I asked do we get veg with this and they had said no, just potatoes, then 10 mins later plonked some grotty veg down on the table!). 6 out of 10.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For what it is, Nandos is good.

D

Deleted User X18H

Went to Days for lunch the other day with a Malaysian fellow of my acquaintance who heartily recommended it. Had never heard of Days before, turns out its on the site of the old ABC Cinema. Mightily impressed have to say; it's £8.95 all you can eat for lunch (£12.95 for dinner) and there's a choice of 100 and 250 dishes respectively! Quality selection of speciality dishes from Malaysia, Thailand, Japan etc. The dessert selection was a bit sparse and easily skipped, but the place was heaving, with many Asian parties present which I'm thinking is as good a recommendation as any I could make. Worth going to take a look at the decor alone!

Dave Day(s) believe it or not!

Jul 7, 2003
Having looked at this thread for some ideas we ended up at The Meadow for Sunday lunch today. Most enjoyable lunch and good value for money. Had the bread and the pork scratching wheels as starters, a very nice roast beef for our main and for pudding we had the lemon tart and the panna cotte. All very nice, service was good and wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Days is a zoo.

I went there a few months back at lunchtime, and it was utterly overrun with tatoo'd mothers, pushchairs and howling kids running all over the shop. Add in the pumping music coming out of the ceiling speakers, and it was all I could do to stop myself running out of there clawing at my own FACE. The food was at best average, and I can just never quite "get" going out for a meal and having the canteen style of getting up and slopping food onto your own plate from a large communal container.

Garbage place. Never again.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Days is a zoo.

I went there a few months back at lunchtime, and it was utterly overrun with tatoo'd mothers, pushchairs and howling kids running all over the shop. Add in the pumping music coming out of the ceiling speakers, and it was all I could do to stop myself running out of there clawing at my own FACE. The food was at best average, and I can just never quite "get" going out for a meal and having the canteen style of getting up and slopping food onto your own plate from a large communal container.

I went there on the day it opened. Didn't intend to just stumbled upon it as I was in town that day. It was very very good and extremely impressive.

Last time I went (prior to Swindon game), i did think it had gone downhill a bit (probably a victim of it's own success) but for a pre-football meal (1 adult, a child) with a pint and lemonade included, i still had change from £16 which is pretty much the cost for a couple of burgers and chips and drink at Withdean.

Last edited:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Went to the Ardingly Inn for lunch yesterday, fantastic food (loads and very well cooked). Roast was brillo, made an error in ordering the large plate though as out comes a serving platter which was way too much.

D

Deleted User X18H

Days is a zoo.

What do you expect at £6.95 for all you can eat Chinese food. It's Swanbrough Drive-tastic

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

The favourite restaurant in Brighton of none other than

Inigo Calderon

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Solera D Tapa - Sydney Street

Easily the best tapas I have eaten in Brighton, by a long way. A tiny place (less than 20 tables) Food was brilliant, service was a bit hectic as it was busy, but the food was reasonably priced (6 dishes, 1 glass of wine for £25)

I had a selection of chorizo, black pudding and iberian sausage flambeed at the table, looked brilliant, tasted even better. A great selection of hot and cold dishes. I think much better than Casa Don Carlos and Carpacichios

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Pomegranate, Manchester Street

Lovely Kurdish grub (though i suspect it's an much broader range of North African / East Med fare) served in small and intimate rooms by fantastic staff. We devoured an outstanding selection of starters, including fried aubergine, babaganoushe and dolmades, befre I embarked on a lamb shank to die for.

Little coffee, no dessert, nice bottle of red and I was one very happy bunny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here