Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rest of The Premier League 18th & 19th January

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I thought Villa would beat us, so a point was a bonus.

It was remarkable how the vast majority of posters felt the match was going to yield 3 points, a great vibe. We’re not very good just now, after yesterday, it appears that many positive posters have serious concerns.

Some posters on here think that because we've won a game, we're going to go on a run and beat the next few teams.
I'm all for positivity, but we're never going to set the world alight.
Of course I want us to win all of the time, but even I'm a pragmatist :facepalm:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What was interesting about Liverpool’s passing it amongst the goalie and back 4, was that if completely boxed in, they played it long. No qualms about doing that, they mixed it up.

The Albion have forgotten about the mixing it up bit.

They just play the ball quicker than we do, and don't care if an interception happens as they are determined to win the ball back.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At least we don't have it as bad as Man U, 30 points off first place having played a game more than the leaders, star striker out for 2-3 months, Ole as a manager !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They just play the ball quicker than we do, and don't care if an interception happens as they are determined to win the ball back.

VVD, Robertson and TAA make no qualms about playing it long when boxed in, over and over again. No rigid mindsets of “I’ve been told to only ever pass to a close by team-mate”.

Having one rigid tactic, means that the opposition don’t need to second guess. Chris Wilder was aware of this and played us like a fiddle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought Villa would beat us, so a point was a bonus.

It was remarkable how the vast majority of posters felt the match was going to yield 3 points, a great vibe. We’re not very good just now, after yesterday, it appears that many positive posters have serious concerns.

Villa would have come with a billy-big-bollox attitude - "we've beaten them twice already this season" - without having the sense to realise that a). they scraped past ten men at home with a late lucky winner, and b). they beat our U18s (plus a few U23s) - a younger team, I believe, than the Liverpool team they so 'magnificently' defeated later in the cup. We've just taken four points off Arsenal and Chelsea. This was the time we should have put Villa in their place.

We failed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Villa would have come with a billy-big-bollox attitude - "we've beaten them twice already this season" - without having the sense to realise that a). they scraped past ten men at home with a late lucky winner, and b). they beat our U18s (plus a few U23s) - a younger team, I believe, than the Liverpool team they so 'magnificently' defeated later in the cup. We've just taken four points off Arsenal and Chelsea. This was the time we should have put Villa in their place.

We failed.

Typical Albion. Watching our poor records over the years has made me cynical, knowing that: “This will be a 2-0 win to the good guys, Villa are shite” type comments, are baseless and made through blue tinted specs and result in to shattered over confidence. We’re not very good just now and neither were they, it was never going to be a comfortable win, we have plenty of limitations as a team and squad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Typical Albion. Watching our poor records over the years has made me cynical, knowing that: “This will be a 2-0 win to the good guys, Villa are shite” type comments, are baseless and made through blue tinted specs and result in to shattered over confidence. We’re not very good just now and neither were they, it was never going to be a comfortable win, we have plenty of limitations as a team and squad.
Comfortable - no. Should have been a win - yes.

We've had some very good results lately. We are better than Villa. We should have beaten them - but you are right in that over the years Brighton have always had a few good wins, followed by a home banker - which we f**k up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here