Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Request

Christmas Carol

Jun 15, 2023
Hello. I am new to this site, hope I am doing it right! My husband, Neil Groves, is a life long supporter of Brighton, has been since he is a child. I selfishly took him away from Brighton to Australia 30 years ago but he has never failed to listen or watch the games. We are back from Australia this year and it is Neil’s 70th birthday on 30 September, the day Brighton is playing Aston Villa. Now Neil says we will never get tickets, being an away game, but I would honestly love him to go with our son, another lifetime supporter. I thought I would ask if there is any member who would generously give up two tickets for 30 September so that Neil could go, and possibly take our son (if there was a third ticket for me it would be great, but I am not greedy and don’t mind too much sitting this game out!). Thanks everyone for considering my request!

Christmas Carol

Jun 15, 2023
Unfortunately, as others have stated above, passing on away tickets to others can lead to severe punishment - you're unlikely to find anyone who would be prepared to take that risk, as being caught will mean they miss out on attending games for a period of time.

It may be worth them joining (or you joining them) the club Membership scheme here...

...as it may give you a chance of obtaining tickets yourself if demand for the game turns out to be low.

If nothing else, it might make a nice birthday gift for Neil.

Another option would be to buy hospitality access direct from Aston Villa. Away fans are allowed in hospitality areas at opposing clubs, although you should be respectful of your surroundings. Again, this might be a nice way to celebrate the occasion. If this appeals, keep an eye out here, or complete their enquiry form for next season now:

Finally be aware that the game may not actually take place on that day - it could be moved to the Friday evening (unlikely) or the Sunday afternoon or Monday evening. This will be determined by whether the game is selected for TV or not. We'll likely not know until mid-August.
Hello. Thanks so much for replying, we realise the game may not take place on that day , but fingers crossed! I may go along the line of buying hospitality access from Aston Villa, thank you so much for supplying the link, it is very much apprecisted,

Christmas Carol

Jun 15, 2023
Unfortunately the club very strict on folk passing on tickets, people caught doing this are getting 10 game stadium bans so it’s unlikely you’ll get one going down this route. I think your best bet is to get an Albion+ membership (it’s £36 this year) and buy the ticket at the time it’s released to Albion+ members.

I realise it’s an expensive way of doing things, but it’s probably going to be the only way of getting a ticket (You’ll still be taking a chance as it may sell out to season ticket holders, that said it’s a big ground so you might be in luck).

Good luck and I hope you get something sorted.
Really? That would be wonderful if that were still the case! Let’s hope! Thank you!

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Quite difficult to judge whether posts like this are genuine. If so, then it’s still difficult to justify because someone else will lose out. It’s not the old days where the more the merrier. These games sell out.
Exactly what I was thinking..........................the bandwagon people are jumping on gets bigger the more succesful we have become !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here